BOA Amtrak Guest Rewards Platinum Mastercard
Card Type: Mastercard Platinum
Earning rate: ⚬ 2X Amtrak ⚬ 1X elsewhere
Noteworthy perks: ⚬ 5% Amtrak Guest Rewards point rebate on redemptions.
See also: Amtrak Guest Rewards credit card review
Bank of America Application Tips
- 3/12 or 7/12 Rule: You won't be approved if you have opened 3 or more accounts, with any bank, in the past 12 months. For those with Bank of America deposit accounts, the rule changes to 7+ accounts.
- 2/3/4 Rule: Max 2 consumer cards per rolling 2 months, 3 per rolling 12 months, and 4 per rolling 24 months.
- 5 card limit: You will not get approved for a new consumer card if you already have 5 consumer BOA cards open
- Get Same Card Again: With some BOA cards, must wait 24 months after either opening or cancelling, depending upon the card.
- Hard inquiries are usually combined into 1 when initiated within 30 days but there have been reports of TransUnion not combining.
Click here to check your application status
If denied, call reconsideration here: 800-354-0401 (8am-7pm ET Mon-Fri); 866-695-6598 (business cards);
Related Cards (Amtrak Guest Rewards)