|Sorry, this deal is no longer available. Do you want to be alerted about new deals as they’re published? Click here to subscribe to Frequent Miler's Instant Posts by email.|
The American Airlines and United shopping portals have offered bonuses recently (the United one is still going) and it’s the turn of Alaska Airlines as they’ve launched their own portal promotion today.
- Spend $200+ through the Alaska Airlines shopping portal & earn 500 bonus miles.
- Direct link to offer.
- During the “Summer Bonus” offer, which runs from 6/22/20 through 7/1/20 at 11:59:59 pm ET (the “Bonus Period”), Member will receive a one-time bonus of 500 Mileage Plan bonus miles on qualifying purchases made through the Mileage Plan Shopping mall or from purchases made through Mileage Plan Shopping in-store offers.
- This one-time bonus award will be determined based on Member’s cumulative qualifying purchases made during the Bonus Period: Earn 500 miles for qualifying purchases of at least $200 or more.
- “Qualifying purchases” do not include returns, cancellations, shipping and handling, taxes, gift card or other cash equivalent purchases, and certain products that are not eligible for bonus miles.
- Please see the Mileage Plan Shopping site for details on product eligibility and other restrictions.
- Please allow up to 10 weeks after the Bonus Period for bonus miles to post to your Mileage Plan Shopping account.
If you were to spend exactly $200, you’d be earning 2.5x bonus miles per dollar. Considering the fact that Mileage Plan miles are usually more valuable than the miles of other airlines, that’s a fairly good bonus which might make it worth trying to earn this bonus. As always though, check Cashback Monitor for the rates at the retailer(s) you’re planning on shopping at to ensure that still represents the best return.
One of the benefits of the Alaska Airlines shopping portal is that they not only offer rewards for online shopping, but they also have some in-store offers. While the selection of eligible retailers isn’t anything to write home about, if you were planning on shopping in-store at any of those retailers anyway (if that’s even possible for some of them right now), it’s great to have that as an additional avenue for reaching the $200 spending threshold to earn the bonus miles.