|Sorry, this deal is no longer available. Do you want to be alerted about new deals as they’re published? Click here to subscribe to Frequent Miler's Instant Posts by email.|
Update: Hertz has changed the terms of this promotion, requiring a minimum of 3 days for rentals in the US and Canada. Read more about it here.
- Earn 5,000 SAS Eurobonus miles per Hertz Rental
- Direct link to the promotion here. Note: terms state you must book through this promotion page.
- Valid for rentals reserved by June 30th for pick up by September 30th, 2017
- Must use Discount code CDP 736686 to receive the discount and Promotion Code PC 203592 to receive the 5,000 SAS EuroBonus Extra points and your special conditions.
- Please quote your EuroBonus member number at time of booking and show your card at time of pick up.
- First 25 bookings made with this promotion which turn into a rental receive 25,000 EuroBonus points.
- Customers are informed at 5th October 2017 and points will be credited afterwards to their account.
- Customers need to be a EuroBonus member.
- Recourse to the courts is not permitted.
- Offer cannot be combined with any other offer, discount or promotion.
- All rentals are subject to Hertz standard terms and conditions.
- Must book through the promotional page according to terms (which is just a promo page at Hertz.com — link above)
This could be a fantastic deal if it works. Check out this one-day rental I just looked up in Syracuse, NY on August 8-9, 2017:
That’s $20.52 all-in. If the promotion is honored as written, that would earn 5,000 SAS miles. What can you do with the miles? A couple of examples:
- 25,000 miles = round trip domestic US saver award on United
- 50,000 miles = round trip domestic US saver award on United (or round trip economy class to Hawaii)
- 60,000 miles = round trip economy award on SAS between Boston, Chicago, Miami, Los Angeles, New York, Washington, DC, and San Francisco and Europe
- 100,000 miles = round trip business class award on SAS between those same cities and Europe
- 110,000 miles = round trip business class award between North America & Europe on Star Alliance partners
- 120,000 miles = round trip business class between North & Central America and North & Central Africa / Middle East
So twenty of those $20.52 one-day rentals should earn enough SAS miles for a round trip business class between North America and Europe — that’s $410.40.
But proceed with caution
You know what they say when something is too good to be true. This sounds far too generous to hold up. The biggest downside of the promotion is that the rental cars are non-refundable. If the promotion gets pulled/changed/not honored in some way, I imagine it’ll be a real hassle getting your money back. Furthermore, as bolded in the key terms, the miles won’t post until after October 5th — so you won’t know for sure if you’re getting credited until after it’s done. That’s a gamble. Still, I’ve been known to lay a wager — and I just may gamble on this one.
See the links at the top of this post for more information and award charts.
Last updated on April 13th, 2017