A great new Amazon Amex Offer appeared overnight on some Membership Rewards-earning cards. It seems to be highly targeted, but if you were targeted then it’s a decent reward that’s good on up to $300 of spend.
- Earn 5x bonus Membership Rewards points per dollar on Amazon purchases with a targeted Amex Offer.
- Expires July 31, 2020.
- Limit 1,500 bonus Membership Rewards.
- Offer valid only for purchases made at Amazon.com and via the US Amazon mobile app using your enrolled American Express Card after enrollment and prior to 7/31/2020.
- Excludes corporate gift card and custom-designed gift card purchases.
- Not valid at international sites owned and/or operated by Amazon or websites affiliated with/linked to/from Amazon.com.
- Offer not valid for Amazon Go, Amazon Local, Amazon Mechanical Turk, Amazon Web Services, Amazon Home & Business Services, Amazon Currency Converter, Home Services, Prime Photos, Amazon Inspire, Amazon Video Direct, Amazon business, Amazon Global, or Amazon Drive.
- See Amazon.com for shipping policy. Amazon may not ship to all areas.
- Purchases may fall outside of the offer period in some cases due to a delay in merchants submitting transactions to us or if the purchase date differs from the date you made the transaction (for example, the purchase date for online orders may be the shipping date).
This is a nice little bonus if you were targeted on any of your Amex cards that earn Membership Rewards. With a limit of 1,500 bonus Membership Rewards, you’ll max this out when spending $300. That’s not a particularly high limit, but it’s a very good return for very little effort.
The terms don’t make it entirely clear as to whether or not it’s valid on multiple purchases or if it’s only good for one transaction. That’s because it doesn’t contain the “one or more transactions” wording that you sometimes find on other Amex Offers. I suspect it’s good on multiple transactions, partly because one of the terms states “Offer valid only for purchases…” rather than “Offer valid only for a purchase…”. Still, it might just be worth buying a $300 Amazon gift card to lock in the 5x bonus just in case it is only good on your first purchase.
If you have this offer available on your Blue Business Plus card, that’s probably the best card to have it on as you’d earn a total of 7x Membership Rewards on the first $300 spent on Amazon.