|Sorry, this deal is no longer available. Do you want to be alerted about new deals as they’re published? Click here to subscribe to Frequent Miler's Instant Posts by email.|
Amazon is once again offering $10 off when spending $30 or more and paying with at least 1 Discover point. This offer seems to be targeted, but if you get a message saying you’re not eligible, don’t worry – there might be a way around it.
- Use 1+ Discover points to save $10 off $30+ on Amazon.
- Direct link to link enroll in Pay with Cashback Bonus (FM’s referral link).
- Direct link to activate the promotion (FM’s referral link).
- This is a limited time offer. The promotion will end at 11:59 PT on 12/31/2019. The promotion code will expire concurrently. Amazon.com reserves the right to cancel or modify this offer at any time.
- Offer is available by invitation only, is non-transferable, is not redeemable for cash, and may not be resold.
- Offer applies only to the purchase of items made with an eligible Discover Card, where Cashback Bonus is used for at least a portion of the purchase and the promotion code is activated. When you click on the ‘Click to activate’ button your Discover Cashback Bonus will be temporarily set as default payment method at checkout for a duration of six hours, unless you manually update your payment option. The promotion remains valid even after the temporary default setting lapses, until the end of the promotion period.
- The maximum benefit you may receive from this offer is $10 per eligible Discover Cashback Bonus enrolled Card.
- Offer only applies to products sold by Amazon.com (Look for “sold by Amazon.com” or “sold by Amazon Digital Services LLC” on the product detail page). Products sold by third-party sellers or other Amazon entities will not qualify for this offer, even if “fulfilled by Amazon.com” or “Prime Eligible”.
- Limit one promotion code per Cashback Bonus eligible card.
- Offer may not be combined with other offers.
- Shipping charges may apply to discounted promotional items.
- Offer does not apply to the purchase of digital content.
- Offer discount will be allocated proportionally among all promotional items in your original order. If any of the items in your original order are subsequently returned, your refund will equal the original price of the product, less the proportional amount of the discount. The total discount on the unreturned amount of your original order will then be less than $10.
- If any of the products related to your original order are returned, subject to Amazon’s refund policy, you will receive a refund of the card amount first, followed by Cashback Bonus points.
- Promotional codes (including those placed directly in accounts) may not be redeemed for Amazon Gift Cards.
- This promotion is available only to Amazon.com customers with an eligible Discover Cashback Bonus card issued in the United States.
- If you violate any of these terms, the offer will be invalid.
If you’ve paid with your Discover card on Amazon in the past, you’ll need to enroll your card in ‘Pay with Cashback Bonus’ using the first link listed above. Once that’s done, click the second link listed above to activate this promotion.
If you get a message saying you’re not eligible for the promotion, there might be a way around it. I tried taking advantage of this promotion a few days ago when it started and I got the ‘not eligible’ message. To get around it, I did the following:
- Deleted my Discover card as a payment method, then added it back on.
- Enrolled in Pay with Cashback Bonus.
- Tried activating the promotion – this eventually worked.
I say this ‘eventually’ worked as I continued seeing the ‘not eligible’ message when clicking the activation link after doing the first two steps listed above. However, this morning I received an email from Amazon advising that I was now eligible to shop with points. Clicking the second link listed above took me to the activation page where I was able to finally activate the offer. It therefore looks like you might need to wait a few days after linking/re-enrolling your Discover card before being able to take advantage of this promotion.
One of the nice things about this promo is that it can be used to save 33% on third party gift cards. Amazon has a fairly good selection of eGift cards which you can buy in a $30 denomination. Alternatively, you can have physical gift cards shipped for you, but you might need to buy a $50 denomination for those.
When checking out, it’ll default to using your Discover points to pay for your entire order if you have enough points, so don’t click ‘Place Your Order’ yet!
In the box where it says ‘$20.00 Applied’, change that amount to $0.01. You’ll then pay the balance of $19.99; if you have Amazon gift cards already loaded to your account, the balance can be paid with that.
This deal is due to expire on December 31, 2019 but there’s a good chance it’ll end sooner than that, so it’d be better to use this promo sooner rather than later.
Last updated on January 4th, 2020