|Sorry, this deal is no longer available. Do you want to be alerted about new deals as they’re published? Click here to subscribe to Frequent Miler's Instant Posts by email.|
The American Airlines shopping portal has launched a new bonus today which is offering 500 bonus miles when spending $200 or more after clicking through to eligible retailers through the portal.
- Earn 500 bonus AAdvantage miles when spending $200+ through the American Airlines shopping portal.
- Direct link to offer.
- Expires June 15, 2020.
- This one-time bonus award will be determined based on Member’s cumulative qualifying purchases made during the Bonus Period: Earn 500 miles for qualifying purchases of at least $200 or more.
- “Qualifying purchases” do not include returns, cancellations, shipping and handling, taxes, gift card or other cash equivalent purchases, and certain products that are not eligible for bonus miles.
- Please see the AAdvantage eShopping mall site for details on product eligibility and other restrictions.
- Please allow up to 10 weeks after the Bonus Period for bonus miles to post to your AAdvantage eShopping account.
If you were to spend exactly $200, the bonus of 500 miles means you’d effectively be earning 2.5x bonus miles per dollar on top of the rate you’d already be earning while shopping through the portal.
For retailers that normally only offer 1x/1% across most shopping portals, a 2.5x bonus can be a worthwhile return. Rates for other online retailers can fluctuate greatly between portals, so check rates on Cashback Monitor to ensure you’re getting the best rate after taking into account this bonus.
One problem with taking advantage of shopping portal promos at the moment is that many popular online retailers have (presumably temporarily) suspended their affiliate programs which means they aren’t currently available on shopping portals such as American Airlines eShopping. That includes Best Buy, Walmart and Sam’s Club (you can earn cashback/rewards at Sam’s Club for memberships, but not regular purchases), which makes it harder to reach the $200 spend threshold if those are normally your go-to sites for hitting bonuses such as these.