This page contains the best publicly available credit card offers. With some of the offers shown below (the one’s with a credit card image), I’ll earn a commission if you click through and are approved for the card. That said, if a better public offer is available, I always show the better offer even if it means no commissions for me. For additional details, see our Advertiser Disclosure. Advertiser partners include American Express, Barclaycard, Capital One, and CreditCards.com
|Card / Notes||Bonus / Annual Fee|
|Barclays Arrival Premier® World Elite Mastercard®|
----> Click Here
Earning rate: 2X Miles on all purchases
Big spend bonus: 15K bonus miles after $15K spend; 10K additional bonus miles after additional $10K spend
-Chip wth PIN capability
-$100 Global Entry credit once every 5 years
-Lounge Key access (pay $27 per lounge visit)
-Transfer to most airline partners 1.4 Arrival to 1 airline mile (or 1.7 Arrival to 1 Japan Airlines mile)
See also: Barclays Arrival Premier Complete Guide
----> Click Here
$150 annual fee
FM Mini Review: This card is best for earning JAL miles, which can be very valuable. If you spend exactly $15K or $25K per year, you can earn an effective 1.76 Japan Airlines miles per dollar or 2.14 miles per dollar with other transfer partners. Points can alternatively be redeemed for 1 cent each towards travel.
The Arrival Premier is, in many ways, similar to Barclays Arrival Plus card, but with a key difference: Arrival Premier miles are transferable to a number of airline programs.
Here are the basics:
- Annual fee: $150
- Signup Bonus: None
- No foreign exchange fees
- Point earning rate: 2 Arrival miles per dollar
- Bonus for big spend: 15,000 Arrival miles after $15K spend per card membership year. Another 10,000 Arrival miles for a total of $25K spend per membership year.
- Best use of Arrival miles: Redeem for travel credits at a rate of 1 cent per Arrival mile, or transfer to airline partners
- Transfer rate to airline partners: 1.4 to 1, or 1.7 to 1. See below.
Airline Transfer Partners
- Air France/KLM Flying Blue
- China Eastern
- EVA Air
- Japan Airlines (JAL)
- Jet Airways
- Malaysia Airlines
Transfer ratio (for all except JAL): 1.4 Arrival miles to 1 airline mile
- At 2X earnings, this means earning 1.43 airline miles per dollar
- At 3X earnings (spend exactly $15K or $25K per year), this means earning 2.14 airline miles per dollar
Transfer ratio for Japan Airlines (JAL): 1.7 Arrival miles to 1 airline mile
- At 2X earnings, this means earning 1.17 JAL miles per dollar
- At 3X earnings (spend exactly $15K or $25K per year), this means earning 1.76 JAL miles per dollar
Barclays expects the list of partners to grow over time.
- $100 Global Entry fee reimbursement every 5 years
- Lounge Key membership (this is like a subset of Priority Pass membership)
- Travel protections: trip delay insurance, baggage delay insurance, trip cancellation / interruption, auto rental insurance, etc.
Questions & Answers
- Can I move Arrival miles from my Arrival or Arrival Plus card to the Arrival Premier? No.
- If I upgrade from the Arrival Plus to the Arrival Premier, will my miles move with me? Barclays is not offering an upgrade at this time. Barclays tells me that it is not possible to move miles through a product change.
- I already have the Arrival or Arrival Plus. Can I apply new for the Arrival Premier so that I’ll have both? Yes.
- The Arrival Plus offers a 5% rebate when Arrival miles are used to pay for travel. Does the Arrival Premier do the same? No.
- What is the minimum purchase amount to redeem Arrival miles for travel? $100