In addition to their summer promo which gives a $25 Travel Card when staying once, Best Western has a separate promotion which also offers a $25 Travel Card.
This additional promotion also gives a $25 Travel Card as a reward when staying with them, but it involves an extra requirement and steps. If you’ll be staying at a Best Western property though, it could well be worth the extra effort.
- Stay at any Best Western branded hotel in the United States, Canada, or the Caribbean Islands and purchase at least $10 USD/CAD worth of gasoline/electric vehicle charges within 10 days of the eligible stay and get a $25 Best Western Travel Card.
- Direct link to offer terms.
- Best Western Rewards members (“Member(s)”) who: (a) have a valid email address listed in the Member’s account profile; (b) complete an eligible stay at any Best Western branded hotel in the United States, Canada, or the Caribbean Islands between June 15, 2020 and August 31, 2020, (“Promotion Period”); (c) purchase at least $10 USD/CAD worth of gasoline/electric vehicle charges within ten (10) days of the eligible stay; and (d) email their Best Western Rewards number as well as the confirmation number and hotel location (city/state) for the eligible stay and an image of their gasoline/electric vehicle charging station receipt showing only the amount purchased and date on the receipt to firstname.lastname@example.org by September 5, 2020, will earn one promotional USD/CAD $25 Best Western Travel Card® (“Travel Card”).
- There is a limit of one (1) USD/CAD $25 Travel Card per Member during the Promotion. Travel Card expires on December 31, 2020.
- Best Western Rewards enrollment/membership required prior to the completion of the eligible stay. An eligible stay completed prior to Best Western Rewards enrollment/membership will not count towards satisfying the Promotion requirements.
- Please allow approximately 1-2 weeks from the date you submit the required information to receive the Travel Card. Travel Card will be sent electronically to the Member’s email address on file (regardless of whether the Member has opted out of Best Western communications). The Travel Card will not be sent via mail or any other means other than to the Member’s email address as registered in the Member’s account profile.
- The Travel Card cannot be used to pay for the eligible stay during which the Member qualified to receive the Travel Card pursuant to this Promotion.
- The Travel Card can be used toward a subsequent stay after the Travel Card is received.
When writing about Best Western’s summer promo earlier today, I wasn’t particularly positive about it because you can only earn the bonus once and the Travel Card expires at the end of this year.
This gas promotion is similar in that the $25 Travel Card expires at the end of the year and you can only earn it once. To an extent, this gas promotion is worse because you have the extra steps of having to fill your car with gas/electricity within 10 days and submit the receipt.
While these offers individually aren’t very good, if you can stack them – and there don’t seem to be any terms suggesting you can’t – it makes two mediocre offers more interesting. That’s because you’d end up with $50 worth of Travel Cards after one stay. While those will expire on December 31, 2020, if you know that you’ll be booking a second Best Western stay before the end of the year, that’s a decent discount and makes the hassle of submitting the gas receipt a little more worthwhile.