Sorry, this deal is no longer available. Do you want to be alerted about new deals as they’re published? Click here to subscribe to Frequent Miler's Instant Posts by email.
IHG Rewards Club is sending out emails offering up to 5,000 bonus points for downloading the IHG app and making a hotel reservation.
- Register and book through the IHG app, then stay by April 30 to earn 3,000 bonus points. If you book a Bonus Points Package, you’ll get an additional 2,000 bonus for a total of 5,000 points.
- Link to register
- Open to legal residents in North, South and Central America, who are eighteen (18) years old or older at the time of registration.
- Members from Quebec and Brazil are not eligible for this promotion.
- Must be an IHG Rewards Club member and must register member number in advance to participate in this promotion.
- Bonus Points will be awarded after your next qualifying stay booked through the IHG app from February 27 – April 30, which must be completed on or by April 30, 2018 at any InterContinental, Kimpton, Crowne Plaza, Hotel Indigo, Holiday Inn, Holiday Inn Express, Staybridge Suites, Candlewood Suites, EVEN or Hualuxe hotel worldwide.
- Members who book through the IHG app and stay with a Bonus Points Package will be awarded 5,000 bonus points. This is in addition to the points they will earn through the Bonus Points Package itself. Bonus Points Package rates are limited and subject to availability.
- Members who book through the IHG app and stay any other qualified rate will be awarded 3,000 bonus points.
- A stay is qualified when paying qualifying rates, which include most business and leisure rates.
- Only one room per member per stay will be awarded the applicable bonus points.
- Members are only eligible to be awarded once during the promotion period.
- Allow 4-6 weeks from stay for bonus points to be posted to your account.
This offer might be targeted, so check your emails to see if you’ve been invited. You might still be able to register for the promotion using the link above even if you don’t receive an email. IHG appear to be doing some A/B testing with the email subject lines, as my invitation said “Stephen, reservations just got more rewarding”, while my wife’s said “Shae, here’s another reason to try the IHG app.”
3,000 bonus points for making a reservation using the IHG app is an OK bonus, but you’d need to take into account the cashback you’d be passing up. For a cheap hotel stay of one night, booking via the IHG app for the 3,000 points might make sense. Cashback rates are currently as high as 9% though, so booking through a portal would likely give a better return for more expensive stays.
It’s definitely worth keeping an eye out for the bonus point packages too, especially if you’re making a last minute reservation. I’ve seen 5,000 bonus point packages for as little as $10-$15 extra in the past, so earning an additional 2,000 bonus points for booking one of those packages (as well as the 3,000 bonus for using the IHG app) could be worthwhile.
Last updated on May 6th, 2018