There’s a targeted BP Amex Offer that’s offering $10 back or 1,000 Membership Rewards when spending $25 in the BPme app. This Amex Offer launched a month ago, but check your offers again as you might have been newly targeted.
- Make a single purchase of $25+ at BP or Amoco using the BPme mobile app and paying with a card with this Amex Offer loaded to it.
- Expires December 31, 2019.
- Offer valid for automotive fuel purchases made in-app via the US BPme app at participating BP & Amoco US locations.
- Participating locations can be found by using the BP Station finder within the BPme app.
- In order to be eligible, you must first load your Card to the US BPme app using a compatible device.
- Qualifying spend must be met after any BP Rewards are applied to an in-app purchase.
- Excludes payments not made via the US BPme app, including online transactions, physical gift cards purchased in-store and online, physical location and customer service phone orders, convenience store purchases, car washes, garage/mechanic/repair services, restaurants at BP or Amoco stations, aviation and marine fuel, BP Motor Club, Aral and ampm purchases.
Even if you have a relatively small gas tank (ours only takes 11-12 gallons), it shouldn’t be too hard to spend $25 when filling up at BP or Amoco. If you spend exactly $25, you’ll be saving 40% with the $10 statement credit of the offer which should make it your cheapest option unless you have fuel points for Kroger, Giant, etc.
Based on this post at Doctor of Credit, this offer was targeted at some Amex cardholders a month ago. I found it on some of my accounts last night which might have come about for one of two reasons. Seeing as it appeared exactly one month later, they might have rolled it out to more people (the most likely reason), so check your accounts in case you have it now.
An alternative reason might relate to the (now dead) Hilton Aspire offer from yesterday. I was approved for the card and requested my new card number as I need to book a Hilton stay for Thanksgiving. When linking the card to my online account, the $10 statement credit version of this BP Amex Offer showed up when selecting my account alerts, paperless statements, etc., so I promptly added it.
When subsequently checking the Amex Offers on some of my Membership Rewards-earning cards, the 1,000 MR version of the offer was showing on a couple of cards. It hadn’t been there that morning which made me think it might’ve been somewhat related to my Aspire application, but I’m not certain that’s the reason.
Either way, check your accounts as this is a great offer, especially if you can load it to a card that earns more at gas stations.