Flying Blue is out with the Air France / KLM Flying Blue promo awards for October 2018, and there are some terrific deals to be had…..with business class as low as 13,250 miles one-way on at least one route/date. Variable pricing means you will have to hunt a bit to find the best deals.
- Air France / KLM Flying Blue promo awards are out and include some strong deals, including 50% off business class between Seattle and Europe, 25% off business class between Washington, DC and Europe, and a number of other good deals in Canada and other parts of the world
- Direct link to promo awards page
- Purchase by October 30, 2018
- See your preferred route, but most appear available for travel from November 30, 2018 to January 30, 2019
- Promo Awards can not be modified, cancelled, or refunded
- Stopovers are not allowed
As always, the value of promo awards really just depends on your travel plans in the near-term. That said, there are some amazing deals this time around scattered on various dates and routes. Since Flying Blue abolished award charts and “standard” pricing no longer exists, one couldn’t possibly call these price mistakes….but I’d call 13,250 miles one way from Prague to Seattle in business class pretty incredible, regardless of the ~$300 in surcharges.
That kind of pricing is far from widely available. Here’s a look at that route in January, where you’ll see pricing really varies:
Prague is not the only route with pricing under 20K one-way, but you’ll have to hunt to find the deals.
Flights to and from Washington, DC are also on sale, albiet only 25% off (which, again, is difficult to gauge since we don’t really know what 100% is). Here’s a look at Prague to DC in January.
I intended to screen shot pricing in the other direction as well, but the Flying Blue site eventually seemed to have locked me out of searches (which has happened to me a couple of times lately). Rather than fighting with it and wasting time, I thought the above screen shots can give you the idea that there are some decent deals to be had so you can grab what’s left before it’s gone.
Here are other routes on sale that may be of interest:
- Vancouver to/from Europe (50% off)
- Toronto to/from Europe (25% off)
- Montreal to/from Europe (25% off)
- Saint Martin to/from Europe (25% off)
If you’re planning a longer trip, deals to other regions may also present good value, with 50% off deals between Europe and Osaka, Japan or Dubai, UAE.
Search for flights at airfrance.us. When searching, check the box that says “I’m looking for flights around this date” to see a calendar with 30 days of pricing. If you book something for under 20K one-way, I’d recommend holding off on making other nonrefundable plans for a week or two in case Air France gets a case of what Gary Leff calls “seller’s remorse“.
H/T: Ismar of our Frequent Miler Insiders