|Sorry, this deal is no longer available. Do you want to be alerted about new deals as they’re published? Click here to subscribe to Frequent Miler's Instant Posts by email.|
La Quinta Returns is offering a sale on points that offers up to 25% off. To get the maximum discount, you’ll have to purchase the maximum quantity of 10,000 points. That’s not quite enough for a free Wyndham night (remember that you can transfer 1:1 between La Quinta and Wyndham), though it’s not clear if the purchase limit is per year or per transaction.
- Get a discount when you buy La Quinta Returns points (which can be transferred 1:1 to Wyndham Rewards) in the following quantities:
- Buy 2,000-5,000 points: get 15% off
- Buy 6,000-9,000 points: get 20% off
- Buy 10,000 points: get 25% off
- Direct link to this promotion
- Expires 8/31/18
- Minimum purchase of 2,000 points required.
- Offer available for purchases made between August 7, 2018 9:00 AM ET and August 31, 2018 11:59 PM ET.
- All purchases are non-refundable.
- Offer available for the purchase or gift of points.
- See promotion page for full terms
This looks like a decent deal.If you buy the maximum of 10,000 points, you’ll pay $97.50 (or about 0.975 cents per point).
That’s not a bad deal. It’s certainly possible to get 1 cent or more in value at some La Quinta locations (you’d obviously want to be getting significantly more than 1cpp in value to consider buying them).
Futhermore, you have the flexibility of transferring to Wyndham Rewards, where there are also opportunities to get well over 1cpp in value. I just recently booked a hotel with a cash rate of around $250 per night (which was comparable to other properties in the area) for just 15,000 Wyndham Rewards points a night since all Wyndham hotels charge 15K per night. Of course, you can only buy 10K in this sale, but it isn’t clear whether or not you can make multiple purchases. If it is possible to make multiple purchases, it might make sense if you have a good value in mind. On the other hand, I wouldn’t buy these speculatively.
We have added this offer to our Current Hotel Promotions page that we published with yesterday morning’s post.
Last updated on September 2nd, 2018