Citi Credit Card Repeated Applications
Citi’s rules for repeated card applications are consistent across products: (This is an example for the Hilton Reserve, but the language is the same for all products) “Bonus offer not available if you have had a Citi Hilton HHonors Reserve Card account that was opened or closed in the past 24 months.”
Card Application Limits
Citi has rules in place regarding how often customers can be approved for new cards. The rules are:
- Customer cannot be approved for more than one card in an 8 day period (but you can be approved for 1 personal card and 1 business card)
- Customer cannot be approved for more than two cards in a 65 day period.
- Customer can only be approved for one business card every 95 days.
If you follow these rules, you should be able to repeatedly sign up for Citi cards:
- Sign up for only one personal card in an 8 day period.
- Sign up for no more than two personal cards in 65 days
- Sign up for no more than one business card every 95 days
- Wait 24 months since you have opened or closed an account to apply again. You should be able to get a product again while holding the card if your current card is 24 months old.
If you keep a card past the first year, consider applying for the same product after it is 24 months old. If you close that account (or product change to a different card) before applying for a new version of the same product, the 24 month clock will start ticking again.
|Go to: Table of Contents - Credit Cards - Flexible Points Programs - Airline Programs - Hotel Programs - Earning & Managing Points - Miscellaneous
Last updated on December 20th, 2018