Update: It appears that Etihad has added language restricting this promotion to UAE cardholders. They have also added language indicating that the promotion is only available to members who are targeted. (HT: View from the Wing)
In July of last year, Citi added the ability to transfer ThankYou points to select airline partners. Up until now we haven’t seen any bonuses for these transfers, but thankfully that has changed. Etihad Guest is offering a 25% bonus on points transfers from Citi through May 15, 2015.
The bonus will not show when initiating the transfer on the Citi website, but the extra points will post to your account on the Etihad side. Here are the promotional terms:
- Etihad Guest Miles transferred may take up to 7 days to be reflected within the Etihad Guest account.
- Bonus Etihad Guest Miles will be posted to your Etihad Guest Programme account within 7 days of the standard miles being transferred.
- Once the Miles transfer request is initiated it cannot be transferred back to your Citi Miles account.
- 25% Bonus Etihad Guest Miles offer is valid from March 30th till May 15th 2015 (inclusive)
- This offer is only valid for the recipient of specific Citibank communication(s) and is not transferrable.
- This offer is subject to the Terms & Conditions of the Etihad Guest Programme.
- This offer is only valid on transfers of Citi Miles to Etihad Guest Miles during the Campaign Period.
For more information, see this One Mile at a Time post.
Last updated on May 5th, 2015