We wrote earlier today about how you can earn Choice Privileges points when ordering food through Delivery.com. If you prefer using Grubhub, you can earn IHG Rewards Club points, although there is a caveat (maybe).
- IHG Rewards Club Members will receive 500 IHG Rewards Club points for their first ever Grubhub order placed through this site, and 250 IHG Rewards Club Points for every subsequent order placed through this site.
- Offer valid in the U.S. only and only at select hotels.
- You must enter a valid IHG Rewards Club Member number and complete an order on Grubhub.com or its associated app to qualify.
- Any cancelled or fraudulent Grubhub orders, as determined by Grubhub in its sole discretion, will not qualify for any IHG Rewards Club points.
- Any orders placed with Grubhub’s affiliated brands will also not qualify.
- Grubhub or IHG may modify or cancel this offer at any time.
- IHG Rewards Club Members will receive the applicable IHG Rewards Club points approximately 4 to 6 weeks following a valid purchase on Grubhub through this Site.
While it’s great that you can earn IHG Rewards Club points on Grubhub orders, the “only at select hotels” requirement potentially makes the deal less helpful.
That’s because their intention seems to be that you’ll only earn points for orders that are delivered to IHG brand hotels. On the landing page listed above, typing in a city only brings up a list of IHG hotels.
Selecting the Holiday Inn Express Peachtree Corners-Norcross shows a list of local participating restaurants, with the hotel’s address listed at the top of the page.
The address can be changed though, so I entered the address of a nearby Residence Inn (a Marriott brand) and received similar search results. More importantly, the blue banner offering IHG Rewards Club points was still displayed.
That makes me think you can have food delivered anywhere (including your home address) and still earn points. I haven’t had a chance to test this though, so let us know in the comments below if you’ve been awarded points for food delivery to non-IHG hotel addresses.
If you’ve never ordered from Grubhub, you can do better than 500 IHG Rewards Club points on your first order, although you should order through the IHG portal after that for 250 points on subsequent food deliveries. Signing up through a referral link gets you $7 off your first order of $15; here are mine and Greg’s referral links: