|Sorry, this deal is no longer available. Do you want to be alerted about new deals as they’re published? Click here to subscribe to Frequent Miler's Instant Posts by email.|
Those who like to pick low-hanging fruit will be happy to see the return of a great offer on the AAdvantage® Aviator Red World Elite MasterCard®: now get 60,000 American Airlines miles after first purchase and payment of the $95 annual fee. That’s a great trade if you’re after AA miles.
- 60,000 American Airlines miles on first purchase and payment of the annual fee
- See more information and get a link on our AAdvantage® Aviator Red World Elite MasterCard® page
- $95 Annual fee charged on 1st statement
- Earn 2X on American Airlines
- Earn 1X everywhere else
- First checked bag free
- Preferred boarding for the primary cardmember and up to 4 companions traveling on the same reservation
- 10% rebate on AA awards (up to 10K per year)
- Reduced mileage awards
- 25% off in-flight purchases
- From the terms: This one-time offer is valid for eligible cardmembers. You may not be eligible for this offer if you currently have or previously had an account with us in this program. In addition, you may not be eligible for this offer if, at any time during our relationship with you, we have cause, as determined by us in our sole discretion, to suspect that the account is being obtained or will be used for abusive or gaming activity (such as, but not limited to, obtaining or using the account to maximize rewards earned in a manner that is not consistent with typical consumer activity and/or multiple credit card account applications/openings).
This is a very solid offer if you have a good use for American Airlines miles. Keep in mind that AA miles are not terribly useful for domestic travel unless you plan at the last minute.
However, AA miles can be very useful for some partner redemptions. Sixty thousand miles is enough for one-way business class to South America, Japan, or Europe (though watch out for exorbitant fees on British Airways). It’s not far off of from enough to fly to the Middle East or Indian subcontinent in business class either. Getting that many miles with just a single purchase is a pretty tough deal to beat if you can find availability on AA partners.
I recently flew Cathay Pacific business class from New York to Shanghai for 70K miles. It would have been 60K to connect from Hong Kong to Japan instead of Shanghai. I imagine Japan Airlines is probably a better experience (I haven’t yet flown their long-haul business class), but Cathay wasn’t bad when you consider the ability to pick up that one-way for the cost of a single purchase an one annual fee.
One thing that is a little unclear to me from the terms is where it states that “you may not be eligible for this offer if you currently have or previously had an account with us in this program”. I would take that to mean that you may not be eligible if you already have a personal Aviator card open. Or do they mean one AAdvantage account per person? The business version is currently offering 50K after first purchase. Can you have both cards? I’m not sure. If anyone has recently opened the business version and already had the personal, let us know in the comments.
As always, we have added this offer to our Best Credit Card Offers page.
H/T: Doctor of Credit
Last updated on November 4th, 2018