|Sorry, this deal is no longer available. Do you want to be alerted about new deals as they’re published? Click here to subscribe to Frequent Miler's Instant Posts by email.|
Flying Blue is offering a flash sale of sorts in addition to the normal monthly promo awards. These additional awards are only available for booking from November 14-16, 2018 and are valid for travel from January 1-March 31, 2019. Since Flying Blue is a Chase Transfer Partner, Amex Transfer Partner, Citi Transfer Partner (and will soon be a Capital One Transfer Partner!), so it’s pretty easy to put together the miles for a flight.
- Flying Blue is offering a sale in addition to the normal monthly promo awards with deals from 14,000 miles one-way between New York and Europe (other cities included below)
- Direct link to this promotion
- Must book November 14-16, 2018
- Valid for travel from January 1 – March 31, 2019
These awards aren’t an amazing value because you’ll still need to pay the fees on the award ticket and these are for travel during low season, when cash tickets are generally cheap. That said, they aren’t necessarily a bad deal because the surcharges aren’t out of control. Furthermore, these are valid from the following cities to anywhere in Europe (assuming you find availability), so they give you the ability to snag a deal on travel to smaller cities that might otherwise be quite expensive.
Here are awards available from North America (more combos are available between other regions and Europe on the landing page linked under “The Deal”):
- 14,000 miles between New York and Europe in Air France/KLM economy
- 15,000 miles between Vancouver and Europe in Air France/KLM economy
- 17,000 miles between San Francisco and Europe in Air France/KLM economy
- 35,000 miles between Mexico City and Europe in Air France/KLM premium economy
- 35,000 miles between Toronto and Europe in Air France/KLM business class
While it’s not the absolutely best time of year to visit Europe (unless maybe you’re a skier?), the fact that it works to all European destinations might make it interesting. For example, maybe you’d like to spend Valentine’s Day in Bordeaux. You could get there from New York for 14K miles and 93 Euros one-way.
Deals out of San Francisco are also pretty decent at 17K plus fees. Here’s San Francisco to Athens for 17K in late February and early March. The Internet tells me that the average daytime high in March is 61 degrees – not blistering hot, but not bad either.
If you’re looking to fly business class and positioning to Toronto or Mexico City is convenient for you, 35K plus tax is a pretty good deal for business class as well.
You don’t have much time to think and plan, but if you’re thinking about a winter / early spring trip, you might be able to snag a deal.
H/T: One Mile at a Time