Update: You can get a 150% bonus when using the link over at One Mile At A Time which reduces the cost further to 1.32cpp. The landing page for the offer refers to subscribing, so be sure to check if it signs you up for an ongoing subscription purchase after making your initial purchase.
Avianca has launched a new promotion this week selling LifeMiles with a 145% bonus. That means that you can purchase LifeMiles at 1.35cpp which can be good value with the right redemption.
- Buy Avianca LifeMiles with a 145% bonus.
- Direct link to 145% offer.
- Update: Direct link to 150% offer.
- This promotion is exclusive for LifeMiles members that have received this email directly from LifeMiles.
- This promotion applies for miles purchases made between November 26th and December 3rd, 2019 (between 00.00-23.59 GMT -6, El Salvador).
- The bonus percentage applies as follows: for purchases from 1,000 – 200,000 LifeMiles receive 2×1+ 45% additional miles. The bonuses are calculated based on the miles purchased per individual transaction without taking into account the 2×1 bonus.
- The miles must be purchased in multiples of 1,000.
- The minimum miles to purchase per transaction is 1,000 LifeMiles. The maximum miles to purchase per transaction during this promotion is 200,000 LifeMiles.
- Additionally, the maximum miles that a member can receive during the promotion, including applicable bonuses is 500,000 miles, minus the miles that the member has previously purchased in 2019 and their respective bonuses.
- The purchase transaction cannot be made if the amount of miles to purchase and the corresponding bonus, including all miles purchased in 2019, including the bonuses, exceed the 500,000 miles limit, unless the amount of miles to receive without applying the promotional bonus is less or equal to 500,000 miles, in which case, the transaction will be processed but no bonus will be granted, giving such warning to the member.
- The maximum amount of miles to receive by a member through the purchase of miles per calendar year outside of this promotion is 200,000 LifeMiles including any bonus miles received.
- If the member surpasses the limit, through purchases made during this promotion and other purchases in 2019, taking into account the bonuses received for those purchases, he or she will not be able to purchase any more miles outside of promotional periods until the next calendar year.
- Each package of 1,000 LifeMiles is USD $33.00 without applicable taxes and USD $40.26* including applicable taxes according to country of the mailing address registered in the LifeMiles database.
Avianca offers a bonus when buying LifeMiles several times a year, with a 145% bonus being one of the best rates. That means you’ll be buying LifeMiles for 1.35cpp, a potentially good rate depending on the redemption you have in mind.
One of the nice things about this promotion is that the bonus isn’t tiered. You’ll therefore earn the 145% bonus whether you’re buying 1,000 miles or 200,000 which can be helpful if you’re just trying to top up your balance for an award.
LifeMiles is also a transfer partner of Amex Membership Rewards, Citi ThankYou and Marriott Bonvoy, so those are other options if you’re looking to boost your balance. Citi is also offering a 25% bonus when transferring ThankYou points through December 11 which might provide better value than buying points.
Just to let you know, the LifeMiles might be having issues right now. I was able to check the pricing for this offer when getting the screenshot above, but when testing out a couple of other things it started giving an error message. If you’re interested in this offer and have a similar issue, give it a try again later and it’ll hopefully be working again.