|Sorry, this deal is no longer available. Do you want to be alerted about new deals as they’re published? Click here to subscribe to Frequent Miler's Instant Posts by email.|
Best Western has launched a new promotion offering a $20 Best Western gift card after your first stay.
- Get a $20 Best Western gift card after your first stay at a Best Western property.
- Direct link to registration.
- Registration required.
- Valid on stays between May 20, 2019 and September 2, 2019.
- Must have a valid email address listed in the Member’s account profile at the time of registration for the Promotion.
- Limit 1 $20 Gift Card per Member during the Promotion Period.
- The Gift Card will be emailed as a virtual gift card to the Member’s email account registered in the profile. The Gift Card cannot be used to pay for the first eligible stay, during which the Member qualified to receive the Gift Card pursuant to this Promotion. The Gift Card can be used toward a subsequent stay after the Gift Card is received.
- The Gift Card will be issued in the currency used in the country of the Member’s residence, as indicated in the Member’s account profile, where available, in an amount equal to approximately $20 USD.
- Please allow approximately 1-2 weeks from completion of the eligible stay to receive the Gift Card. The Gift Card will be sent electronically to the Member’s email address (regardless of whether the Member has opted out of Best Western communications).
- An “eligible stay” for the purpose of this Promotion is defined as one or more consecutive nights at the same Best Western branded hotel (excluding Great Britain locations), at a rate eligible for earning points or airline/partner rewards, with the exception of a stay booked through an online travel agency, a stay booked through a tour operator, or a stay booked at a special discounted rate (see Best Western Rewards program rules for further information on eligibility criteria).
If you only need to book a one night stay at a Best Western during the promotion period, getting a $20 Best Western gift card in return is a fairly good deal. It’s also nice that you get the reward after one stay, rather than the current Marriott promotion and the recent Hyatt promotion where you only earn bonus points from your second stay.
Having said that, it’s a poor promotion overall as you’re restricted to earning only one $20 Best Western gift card. Given the promotion is running for 3.5 months, all subsequent stays will earn you no bonus whatsoever. This promotion therefore does nothing to encourage guests to stay for more than one night before the start of September.
Personally, I’d prefer to forgo the $20 gift card and just book a Best Western stay through Hotels.com and pay with a discounted Hotels.com gift card (e.g. Gyft is offering a 15% discount at the moment). If you did want to take advantage of this promotion though, remember to click through from a shopping portal to earn up to 5% cashback – here are the current rates.
Last updated on September 7th, 2019