|Sorry, this deal is no longer available. Do you want to be alerted about new deals as they’re published? Click here to subscribe to Frequent Miler's Instant Posts by email.|
American Express has been offering a large number of bonuses when transferring Membership Rewards to travel partners recently. They launched a new one a couple of days ago that’s offering a 20% bonus when transferring to Qantas.
- Earn 20% bonus when transferring Membership Rewards to Qantas.
- Bonus Qantas Points will only be awarded for transfers of Membership Rewards points to Qantas Points that take place between 12:00am MT 1 November and 11:59pm MT 30 November 2019.
- Eligible members who successfully transferred their Membership Rewards points to Qantas Points during the promotion period, will receive 20% more Qantas Points. For example, if a member transfers 5,000 Membership Rewards® points, the member will receive 5,000 Qantas Points, and an additional 1,000 Bonus Qantas Points, therefore receiving a total of 6,000 Qantas Points.
- Bonus Qantas Points will be credited to the member’s Qantas Frequent Flyer account within 7 days from the confirmed transfer.
- Transfers are subject to a minimum transfer of 500 Membership Rewards points to 500 Qantas Points.
- In the event of multiple Bonus Points transfer offers in market for the same offer period, eligible Members will be provided with the highest Bonus Points offer. For example, if a Member was eligible for 20% Bonus Points on an eligible transfer of points under a Membership Rewards offer, and the Member was also eligible for 10% bonus points on transfer, under a Qantas offer, the higher of the two offers will apply and the Member would receive a 20% Bonus Points on their eligible Points transfer. Members are not eligible for more than one offer on one transfer. In this example the Member would not be eligible for 20% and 10% Bonus Points on the same Points transfer.
- This offer is not applicable to any card products listed at qantas.com/cards or other credit or charge products where the Card Partner automatically transfers your credit or charge card reward points to Qantas Points on your behalf on a monthly basis.
Membership Rewards normally transfer to Qantas on a 1:1 basis, meaning they’ll transfer on a 1:1.2 basis with this transfer bonus. The minimum number of points you can transfer is 500, so really it’s a 500:600 basis.
Qantas doesn’t have an amazing award chart, but this 20% bonus can make some of their awards more reasonable, especially short-haul flights in the US on American Airlines. For more on that, see Strengths of Qantas for AA redemptions.
Before transferring, note that the terms state that the bonus points can take up to a week to be credited to your account. If there’s an award you want to book immediately, there’s therefore the risk that it won’t be available by the time you book it if you’re relying on the bonus to provide you with enough points for the award.