Sorry, this deal is no longer available. Do you want to be alerted about new deals as they’re published? Click here to subscribe to Frequent Miler's Instant Posts by email.
To celebrate the launch of Radisson Rewards (formerly Club Carlson), targeted emails are being sent out to members offering a 30% points rebate when booking award stays.
- Redeem points for Free Award Nights and get 30% of your points back after your stay at any of more than 1,100 Radisson Hotel Group properties.
- Redeem by March 11, 2018, for Award Night stays through May 31, 2018.
- This offer is only valid for Radisson Rewards members who have received the private email invitation to participate in the “Flash Redemption Rebate” promotion (“Promotion”) for a thirty percent (30%) rebate of the points redeemed for a booked and consumed Award Night(s) (“Rebate”).
- Promotion is valid on Eligible Award Night(s) stays booked from March 6, 2018 through March 11, 2018, with Award Night(s) stays consumed from March 6, 2018 through May 31, 2018, (“Promotion Period”) at participating properties, including Radisson Collection, Radisson Blu, Radisson, Radisson RED, Park Plaza, Park Inn by Radisson, and Country Inn & Suites by Radisson hotels worldwide are required to participate (collectively, “Participating Properties”).
- Both the check-in and check-out dates of the Eligible Night(s) must take place during the Promotion Period.
- The Rebate will not be awarded at the time of booking. The Rebate will be credited to the Eligible Member’s account after the stay has been completed.
- The Rebate only applies to Award Night (hotel room) stays and does not apply to other reward option redemptions.
- Members may book multiple stays within the Promotion Period of the Promotion.
- The Rebate will be credited as Bonus points to the member’s account after the Eligible Stay is completed and will usually be posted to a member’s account within 4-6 weeks after the conclusion of the promotion on May 31, 2018.
A 30% points rebate for award stays is quite generous, although there are a couple of downsides to this promotion.
The first is that it appears to be targeted. The wording of the promotion certainly suggests that’s the case and they do appear to be enforcing this. That’s because my wife received an email, but I wasn’t invited on either of my Radisson Rewards accounts.
The second slightly frustrating aspect is that points are only rebated for stays booked between March 6-11. We already have a couple of Radisson Rewards stays booked during the promotion period, but we made those reservations a fortnight ago.
That means we’ll have to cancel those reservations and rebook them in order to take advantage of the 30% points rebate. To be fair though, we’d have to do that anyway as they were booked under one of my accounts, whereas we’ll now have to book them under my wife’s account seeing as she was the only one targeted for this promotion.
When Hyatt have run their 10% rebate promotions in the past, they’ve rebated points on reservations made before the promotion started, so long as the stay itself was within the promotion period. It’d have been nice if Radisson Rewards allowed the same thing, but I can’t complain too much seeing as the promotion’s going to be saving us 27,900 Radisson Rewards points. That’s almost giving us two free nights as one of the stays is at a category 2 property which costs 15,000 points per night.
If you can take advantage of this promotion, be sure to make your reservations by Sunday March 11.