UPDATE: Mission accomplished! Please see: Help Found! Introducing Nick Reyes.
In the past few years, I’ve leaned on Julian Kheel (the Devil’s Advocate) to help provide bi-weekly blog content, and Shawn Coomer to handle myriad responsibilities: author Quick Deals and resource posts, answer blog comments, author afternoon Tweets, maintain our Best Offers database, and more. You may know that Julian left us last month to work full time with another blog (as reported here). Fortunately, attorney and points-enthusiast Alexander Bachuwa has already taken up some of the slack with his insightful series titled The Fine Print. Julian will be sorely missed, but we’ll soldier on.
Shortly after Julian posted his goodbye, I heard from Shawn the words I had long expected and dreaded: As his own blog, Miles to Memories, has grown, and his family has grown, he has reached a point where he can’t juggle it all. He has decided to leave the Frequent Miler team and concentrate full time on his family and his own blog. This is unquestionably the right decision for him. But, for Frequent Miler, it means I need help!
I’m looking for a points/travel/deals enthusiast to work full time for Frequent Miler. This would be a full time salaried position (w2) with paid time off. Specific salary and benefits are negotiable, and will depend upon the applicant’s qualifications.
Duties would include:
- Actively keep up to date with the latest happenings in travel / points&miles / deals by monitoring forums and blogs, etc.
- Author and publish Quick Deals. These would include travel deals, award deals, gift card deals, etc.
- Author, publish, and maintain resource pages. Examples include Sapphire Reserve Complete Guide, Complete Guide to Amex Offers, Complete Guide to Citi Prestige 4th Night Free, etc.
- Author and publish weekend and monthly posts: Week in Review; Around the Web; Deals still Alive; Month in Review.
- Actively maintain Best Offers database. Regularly test application links and replace when broken. Publish better Best Offers as soon as possible after they are discovered. Etc.
- Maintain affiliate links. Handle affiliate compliance issues.
- Maintain referral links
- And miscellaneous other stuff
Other important info about the position:
- This is not a standard 9 to 5 job. While I’m looking for someone to put in about 40 hours per week, your time on task would be distributed almost randomly across the week. Many of the best deals pop up late at night and on weekends. That’s when I’d need you to jump in and publish Quick Deals, answer reader questions, etc.
- There is no physical Frequent Miler office. You would work from home, coffee shops, libraries, lounges, etc.
Here are some characteristics I’m hoping to find:
- Enthusiasm for points and miles
- Willingness to work odd hours dictated by circumstance
- Excellent writing skills
- High attention to detail
Start Date: ASAP
Shawn is willing to continue working as long as to the end of January, but he’d prefer to cut free earlier. So, I’d like to hire someone within the next week or two, but I will wait longer if necessary.
How to Apply
UPDATE: The online application is no longer active.
Last updated on February 1st, 2017