|Sorry, this deal is no longer available. Do you want to be alerted about new deals as they’re published? Click here to subscribe to Frequent Miler's Instant Posts by email.|
Hyatt is out with their 2018 fourth quarter promotion for stays from September 1, 2018 through November 30, 2018. Compared to other Q4 promotions, this one isn’t amazing. However, if you have a lot of Hyatt nights planned during the promotional period, you can earn an extra chunk of points.
- The Hyatt Q4 2018 promotion is out to earn extra points after reaching several thresholds for qualifying stays
- Register for this promotion here
- Register by October 15, 2018.
- All Eligible Nights under this offer must occur from September 1, 2018 through November 30, 2018
- Only the room occupied by the Member will count toward this offer
- Please allow two to three weeks after your qualifying stay for Bonus Points to be posted to your World of Hyatt account.
This promotion requires at least 5 nights in order to earn bonus points. Here is the chart showing the number of bonus points you’ll earn for hitting each tier with the appropriate number of nights:
On a per-night basis, that breaks down as following:
- Stay 5 nights = 500 bonus points per night
- Stay 10 nights = 750 bonus points per night
- Stay 20 nights = 875 bonus points per night
- Stay 30 nights = ~1,167 bonus points per night
- Stay 40 nights = 1500 bonus points per night
Again, those numbers are averages assuming you stay exactly the number of nights necessary to reach that particular level. If you stay a night or two beyond what is necessary to reach a bonus but you do not reach the next level, you’ll be pocketing fewer net points per stay.
The good news is that both paid and award stays qualify, so you can earn this bonus even if you’re just redeeming points. If you have a trip planned during the promo period, you’ll want to be sure to register so that you can get some points back.
Personally, I don’t get particularly excited about promos like this one. First of all, the return just isn’t all that compelling. Second, I don’t like the risk of coming out a night or two short for a tier and not earning much of a bonus as a result. For example, if you stay 18 nights you’ll only qualify for the 7500 bonus points at the 10 night level. That’s an average of ~416 bonus points per night. Of course, if you have your travel planned well in advance, you can avoid that type of thing pretty easily.
Be sure to register via the link under “The Deal”. Registration closes October 15th — about 6 weeks before the promotion ends. Even if you don’t have any Hyatt stays planned right now, it’s worth registering in case something unplanned comes up and you have a chance to take advantage of the promo.
We have added this to our list of Current Hotel Promotions.
H/T: One Mile at a Time