Back in March, Hyatt and American Airlines announced that they’d be partnering to offer reciprocal benefits for World of Hyatt members flying with American and AAdvantage members staying at Hyatt properties. That partnership has gone live and so you can now link your two accounts.
- Link your World of Hyatt and American Airlines AAdvantage accounts to earn bonus points/miles and receive additional benefits.
- Direct link to registration.
- You must link your AAdvantage account to your Hyatt account to receive these benefits.
- The name in your AAdvantage account must match the name in your World of Hyatt account.
- Register by October 1, 2019, to be eligible for an exclusive World of Hyatt status offer.
You can read more about the partnership here: Hyatt & American Airlines Announce Partnership – Reciprocal Earning, Status Challenges & More.
As a quick summary, American Airlines AAdvantage members with Gold status or above will receive the following benefits:
- Earn 1 AAdvantage bonus mile for every eligible $1 you spend on qualifying Hyatt stays and experiences.
- ConciergeKey members can receive World of Hyatt Globalist status.
- AAdvantage Executive Platinum, Platinum Pro and Platinum members can earn World of Hyatt elite status at an accelerated rate.
World of Hyatt members will receive the following benefits:
- Discoverist, Explorist and Globalist members will earn 1 bonus point per eligible dollar spent on American Airlines flights.
While it’s not an earth-shattering partnership, earning bonus miles/points on paid stays/flights is a nice little bonus.
If you happened to be targeted for the complimentary American Airlines status offer a few months ago, that gives you an opportunity to parlay it into status with Hyatt. That’s because one of the benefits is that ‘AAdvantage Executive Platinum, Platinum Pro and Platinum members can earn World of Hyatt elite status at an accelerated rate’. It’s not entirely clear what that accelerated rate might be as you have to link your accounts first. I was targeted for that American status offer, but I already have Globalist status with Hyatt. My wife on the other hand only has Discoverist status from the Hyatt credit card, but she has no status whatsoever with American.
If you were targeted for that complimentary status with American, it ends on Wednesday May 15. You therefore only have a couple of days to link your accounts if you’re wanting an opportunity to accelerate your Hyatt status.
Update: I’ve just registered my account and as an AAdvantage Platinum member it offered me the opportunity to “upgrade” to Explorist even though I’m already a Globalist member. Here are the terms of the status challenge:
- Register by October 1, 2019 to receive Explorist status for 90 days.
- Stay ten qualifying nights at any Hyatt hotel or resort within 90 days of registration to maintain Explorist status through February 28, 2021 and earn 4 Club Lounge Access Awards.
Let us know in the comments below what offer you received if you’re a Platinum Pro or Executive Platinum member. I’m guessing that Executive Platinum members
(and possibly Platinum Pro members) will receive a Globalist status challenge, but it’ll be good to have actual data points. It sounds like ConciergeKey members receive Globalist status automatically upon linking accounts without the need to complete a status challenge.
Update 2: Upon checking the detailed terms of the status challenge, my Explorist offer refers to Platinum and Platinum Pro members. It therefore does sound like that those members receive an Explorist challenge, while Executive Platinum members will receive a Globalist challenge.