|Sorry, this deal is no longer available. Do you want to be alerted about new deals as they’re published? Click here to subscribe to Frequent Miler's Instant Posts by email.|
Hyatt has sent out targeted offers for a “mystery bonus” when buying World of Hyatt points. If you do any manufactured spending, these bonuses probably aren’t worthwhile as you can likely manufacture the points more cheaply. That said, there are some instances where this can save you a bundle over the cash rate.
- Hyatt “mystery bonus” when buying at least 5,000 World of Hyatt points by August 22nd
- Log in here to see your bonus offer
- Ends 11:59 pm ET August 21, 2018.
- Purchase 5,000 or more Bonus Points in a single transaction and receive your bonus
- Bonus Points will be awarded upon completion of individual transactions.
- Bonus Points can be purchased in increments of 1,000, up to 55,000 points per calendar year. (Additional Bonus Points awarded under this offer do not count towards these maximums.)
Jen from Deals We Like was targeted for a 40% bonus. She mentioned in her post that “some folks will receive a 30% bonus offer”. I am some folks.
If you are targeted, here’s hoping you got the 40% bonus!
Still, it’s not all doom and gloom – even with my 30% bonus. With my mystery bonus, 50K points would cost $936 (which would actually get me 50,700 points). That’s enough for 2 nights at the Grand Hyatt Kauai. I’ve been eyeing a stay there next year. Here is the cash rate for the cheapest room available on my two nights (and standard award rooms are available for 25K per night).
If you would otherwise consider paying that outlandish cash rate, you could save some money with this points sale. Alternatively, you could find some Office Maxes / Office Depots and buy some gift cards with a Chase Ink Cash card this week and find a way to liquidate them.
However, if that isn’t your thing, buying points might work for you (hopefully you got targeted for a better offer). For more examples of properties where these could be a good use, see the hat-tipped post below.
H/T: Deals We Like
Last updated on August 25th, 2018