|Sorry, this deal is no longer available. Do you want to be alerted about new deals as they’re published? Click here to subscribe to Frequent Miler's Instant Posts by email.|
Hyatt has announced their yearly promotion offering credit card holders a 10% rebate on points used for award stays this summer. If you play the promotion right and stack it with an existing promotion, you can effectively get the 5th night free on award stays this summer.
- Redeem your points for free nights, Points + Cash stays or toward room upgrades, dining and spa services completed between August 1 and September 30, 2018 and get 10% of the points back as bonus points.
- Direct link to registration form.
- Registration required (link above).
- This promotion is valid only for Hyatt Credit Cardmembers and World of Hyatt Credit Cardmembers who register for the promotion between 7/16/2018 and 8/31/2018.
- To qualify for this offer, account must be open at the time of fulfillment.
- Only points redeemed between 8/1/2018 and 9/30/2018 will be eligible for this promotion.
- If a redemption is connected to a stay, the entire stay must be completed by 9/30/2018.
- You will receive 10% Bonus Points back on the World of Hyatt points you redeem for award stays, points + cash, suite upgrades, dining and spa services during this period.
- Points redeemed for Avis car rental certificates or points transferred to airline partners are not eligible for this promotion.
- Please allow 6-8 weeks after your point redemption has been completed for your Bonus Points to be loaded into your World of Hyatt account.
Hyatt has been running this promotion for several years in a row, so it’s nice to see it make a return for another year.
The wording of the promotion’s a little ambiguous as the fourth bullet point of the key terms makes it sound like you have to book the stay between August 1 and September 30. In previous years, the points rebate was given for stays booked before the promotion period for stays within the promotion period. DoC’s advised that Hyatt has confirmed existing stays don’t need to be rebooked in order to get the rebate.
This promotion’s available for cardmembers of both the old Hyatt and the new World of Hyatt credit cards. My wife has the old card and I recently upgraded to the new version and we both received registration emails.
Another nice feature of this offer is that it’ll stack with the existing Hyatt Regency and Grand Hyatt promotion. That promo awards 2,500 bonus points for every five nights stayed at one of those brands, even on award nights. Stacking these two promos therefore offers an opportunity to get your 5th night free on award stays this summer. Here’s how.
There are 30 Hyatt Regency properties worldwide that are category 1 and so only require 5,000 points per night. You can find a list of all their category 1 properties here. Change ‘Region’ to ‘All’ and ‘Hotel Category’ to ‘1 – 5,000 pts/night’.
If you book a five night stay at one of those, it’ll cost you 25,000 points. In return, you’ll get 2,500 bonus points from the existing promotion, along with a further 2,500 as a 10% rebate. That puts your net cost at 20,000 points, which effectively makes the 5th night free.
That may sound like a niche scenario, but it’s worked out perfectly for my wife and I. We have a five night award stay at a category 1 Hyatt Regency in August, so the 2,500 rebated points is icing on the cake. We then have another five night stay at a different category 1 Hyatt Regency in September, so that’ll be another 2,500 points we’ll get back. That second stay’s sadly outside of the other Hyatt Regency/Grand Hyatt promo period though.
Even if you don’t have any award stays planned, it’s worth registering now in case your plans change. Registration closes a month before the promotion ends, so it’d be a shame to miss out in September.