|Sorry, this deal is no longer available. Do you want to be alerted about new deals as they’re published? Click here to subscribe to Frequent Miler's Instant Posts by email.|
Hyatt has opened registration for their latest promotion, but it’s somewhat underwhelming as it’s limited to just two of their brands.
- Earn 2,500 points for every five nights stayed at Grand Hyatt or Hyatt Regency properties.
- Registration required – direct link.
- Registration required by July 15, 2018.
- All eligible nights under this promotion must have a checkout date from June 1, 2018 through August 31, 2018.
- You will receive 2,500 Bonus Points for every five eligible nights you stay at Grand Hyatt and Hyatt Regency properties during the Promotion Period.
- There is no maximum number of Bonus Points a member can earn.
- All points awarded under this promotion are Bonus Points.
- For the purpose of this promotion, an “Eligible Night” is defined as any night where a member is paying an Eligible Rate or redeems a free night award for at least one night of their stay.
- Nights at Park Hyatt, Miraval, Hyatt, Andaz, Hyatt Centric, The Unbound Collection by Hyatt, Hyatt Place, Hyatt House, Hyatt Ziva, Hyatt Zilara and Hyatt Residence Club properties are not Eligible Nights.
- Only the room occupied by the Member will count toward this promotion.
This World of Hyatt promo isn’t particularly exciting. It works out at 500 bonus points per night, but only in increments of five nights at a time. You’d need to stay 10 nights in order to earn enough bonus points for a free night at a category 1 property, or 60 nights for enough bonus points for a top tier category 7 property.
The more disappointing part of the promotion is that the bonus points are only earned for stays at Hyatt Regency and Grand Hyatt properties. Those two brands account for only a third of Hyatt’s properties worldwide, which makes the promotion far less useful. On the positive side, at least the bonus points are given even on award stays.
It’s worth registering for the promotion, but I won’t be directing any stays to Hyatt to take advantage of it. The latest Hilton promo combined with a Hilton Amex card has the potential to be far more rewarding.