|Sorry, this deal is no longer available. Do you want to be alerted about new deals as they’re published? Click here to subscribe to Frequent Miler's Instant Posts by email.|
Update 5/22/19: This deal has returned. This time, it expires at 5/27/19 at 2:59am. Note that both Stephen and I see the additional $10 bonus this time around, so maybe that is open to everyone this time? YMMV.
A week after they offered 10% back on IHG bookings with a targeted $10 bonus, Ibotta is offering the same deal except this time it’s for Choice Hotels bookings.
- Earn 10% cashback when booking stays at Choice Hotels having clicked through from the Ibotta app.
- Earn an additional $10 bonus when spending $125 or more (presumably targeted again).
- If you’re new to Ibotta, feel free to sign up with one of our referrals with our thanks:
- Expires May 27, 2019 at 2:59 am.
- Cash back is NOT valid:
- On the purchase of gift cards
- If an order is canceled, returned or exchanged
- For employee, friends & family rates, CP Reward night redemption, FIT, Net VIP/Preferred rates, or on bookings made through a Third party Wholesale Partner
- Offer ONLY valid:
- On the subtotal before taxes and fees
- When Choice Hotels is launched from Ibotta
- On purchases within the United States with US currency
- On purchases made on one (1) shopping trip. Retailer must be relaunched through Ibotta for subsequent purchases.
- Users may earn up to $100 dollars in rewards for each purchase.
Cashback of 10% from Ibotta is twice the amount offered through most cashback portals. TopCashback has Choice Hotels listed as 10%, but that’s only for their Cambria brand – all other brands are only 5%.
The additional benefit of booking via Ibotta is getting an additional $10 cashback when making a reservation costing $125 or more before taxes and fees. If you were able to book a stay costing exactly $125 before tax, you’d be earning 18% back, an excellent return. Be aware that the $10 bonus is probably targeted; I received the same offer with IHG last week, but Nick didn’t see anything about the $10 bonus, so I suspect it’ll be the same again this week.
Clicking through from Ibotta takes you directly to the Choice website. That means this qualifies as a direct booking, so you’ll earn points, elite night credits, receive status benefits, etc. If you’re planning on making a reservation, make sure you’re registered for their latest promotion where you’ll earn at least 8,000 points after two stays.