|Sorry, this deal is no longer available. Do you want to be alerted about new deals as they’re published? Click here to subscribe to Frequent Miler's Instant Posts by email.|
IHG Rewards Club has launched a triple promo for summer stays, offering up to 5,000 bonus points per stay starting from your second stay, 20-30% off stays during the summer and a discount on gas after your first stay.
It’s worth registering for this IHG Q3 promo, but it might not be rewarding enough to make it worth switching reservations to them.
- Earn 2,000 or 5,000 bonus points per stay starting on your second stay from July 1 to September 16, 2018.
- Get 20-30% off at participating IHG hotels when you book the Easy Like Summer rate between June 18 and July 15, 2018 and complete your stay between July 1 and September 16, 2018.
- Get 25c discount per gallon on one tank of gas with the Fuel Rewards program after your first stay.
Deal 1 – 2,000/5,000 Points
- Get 5,000 bonus points per stay at InterContinental Hotels & Resorts, Kimpton Hotels, Hotel Indigo, Crowne Plaza Hotels & Resorts and EVEN Hotels.
- Get 2,000 points at Holiday Inn, Holiday Inn Express. Holiday Inn Club Vacations, Holiday Inn Resort, Staybridge Suites & Candlewood Suites.
- Points awarded on all qualifying stays after completing 2nd qualifying stay between July 1, 2018 and September 16, 2018.
- Must be an IHG Rewards Club member with a registered address in North or South America and must register member number in advance to participate in “2,000/5,000 Point” campaign.
- Maximum bonus award is 30,000 bonus points per member during this campaign.
- Only one room per member per stay will be awarded the applicable points.
- No retroactive points will be awarded for stays prior to registration.
- Please allow up to 4 to 6 weeks for bonus points to be credited after checkout.
Deal 2 – 20-30% Discount
- The Easy Like Summer Sale promotional rate is valid only for bookings made with the “Easy Like Summer” rate June 16, 2018 through July 15, 2018 and consumed July 1, 2018 through September 16, 2018 at participating IHG hotels in the United States, Canada, Mexico, Caribbean, Central America and South America.
- The discount ranges from 20%-30% off the Best Flexible Rate and requires a two night minimum length of stay.
- Discount varies by hotel, blackout dates apply, rooms subject to availability.
- Reservation requires full prepayment for the entire stay at the time of booking and is non-refundable.
Deal 3 – 25c Gas Discount
- Offer valid in the United States only from July 1, 2018 to September 16, 2018.
- You must register for the promotion and complete one stay at a participating hotel during the Offer Period to be eligible for the one-time promotional Fuel Rewards savings of $0.25/gallon.
- Discount code will be provided via email 2-4 weeks after first stay is complete.
- Must be a member of the Fuel Rewards program to redeem discount at a participating Shell station.
- Once discount code is received, it must be added to the member’s Fuel Rewards account by October 15, 2018. Code must be redeemed at the pump within 45 days of adding the discount code to the account.
- Fuel Rewards savings are limited to 20 gallons of fuel per purchase per vehicle.
As with all hotel promotions, it’s worth registering even if you have no immediate travel plans so that you don’t forget to register at a later date. Despite this being a triple promo, none of the offers are likely to be worth moving reservations to IHG properties.
With the 2,000/5,000 promo, you only earn bonus points after you’ve stayed a second time during the promotion period. The 5,000 bonus points are only earned at their more expensive brands and there’s a limit on how many points you can earn.
The 20-30% off promo has the potential to be worthwhile if you don’t mind booking a non-refundable rate. When doing a few searches, the Easy Like Summer Sale rate was consistently the lowest rate on offer. It was even lower than the Your Rate offer for IHG Rewards Club members.
For example, the Easy Like Summer Sale rate at the Kimpton Hotel Monaco Chicago was $223.00 per night:
By comparison, the cheapest alternative rate was $265.05 per night. That was a Your Rate which offered free cancellation up to three days before the stay.
The terms state that the Easy Like Summer Sale rate is only available at participating hotels which does indeed appear to be the case. When checking rates for the Kimpton Hotel Allegro in Chicago, that particular promo rate wasn’t available.
As for the third promotion, IHG Rewards Club is marketing it as up to 32c off per gallon. In reality, it’s only a 25c discount. That’s because they’re including the 5-7c discount you get from linking your IHG account with the Fuel Rewards program. You’re limited to a 25c discount on up to 20 gallons on one tank of gas, so your savings are capped at $5. That’s an OK bonus, but it certainly doesn’t make it worth going out of your way to stay at an IHG property in order to get it.
Overall, this IHG Q3 promo isn’t particularly impressive. It could work out well though if you have some one night stays during the promotion period. Don’t forget to register for the promotion here.