|Sorry, this deal is no longer available. Do you want to be alerted about new deals as they’re published? Click here to subscribe to Frequent Miler's Instant Posts by email.|
Marriott Bonvoy is once again offering a faster path to elite status for some members: emails are being sent out offering double elite night credits on paid stays. This offer is targeted. I would assume that to mean that only those with little / no stay activity to be eligible, but Stephen Pepper was targeted despite being on the verge of Platinum status already this year, so it’s worth checking to see if you’re eligible.
- Get double elite night credit with Marriott Bonvoy with a targeted offer to register and then stay within the next 3 months
- Possible link to log in and see if you are targeted (it’s also worth checking your email for the subject line, “Achieve Elite Status Faster” in case there is a different link available)
- Registration is required.
- *Registration must occur within three weeks of receiving this email.
- Registered Members can earn double Elite Night Credits on all eligible paid nights consumed during the promotion’s earning period (the “Promotion”).
- Earning period starts the day after members register through the end of the month, plus an additional three (3) months (the “Earning Period”).
- Bonus Elite Night Credits will be awarded to the member’s account within 3–5 business days after the qualifying nights post.
- Elite Night Credits will count only toward the status year in which they are posted.
- Registered Members electing to earn miles are not eligible for this promotion.
- Nights stayed prior to enrollment are not eligible for this offer.
- Only one room per hotel is counted toward Registered Members’ nights.
- Credit toward this Promotion is given for nights consumed at participating Marriott hotels that occur within the Earning Period.
- ExecuStay, Marriott Executive Apartments and Marriott Vacation Club® owner-occupied weeks are not eligible for the Promotion, and nights spent while redeeming an award are not eligible for the Promotion.
- For a list of current participating hotels, visit www.marriott.com/loyalty/earn/hotels.mi.
- Rooms booked through most third-party online retailers and select travel agency bookings are ineligible to earn for this Promotion.
I’ve bolded a couple of the key terms above for emphasis. To recap: award stays are not eligible. I expect that applies to both reservations on points and those made with free night certificates. The second key to note is that the earning period starts the day after you register. Don’t wait until you’re ready to check in to register. On the other hand, don’t register sooner than you’re ready — the promotion period includes the rest of the calendar month in which you register and the next 3 calendar months. If you were able to hold off on registering until June 1st, I believe that means you would have until the end of September to complete bonused stays.
Whether or not you’ll be able to wait until June 1st depends on when you’ve received the email. As has been the case with other similar offers, you’ll need to register within 3 weeks of receiving the email invitation. If June 1st is within that window for you, and you don’t have many paid stays planned in the next two weeks, it might be worth holding off until the first of the month — just be sure to set yourself a reminder so you don’t forget to register.
While it’s unfortunate that award stays don’t count, it’s still nice to see this offer going out to members, including those who have a good deal of stay activity. With some upcoming paid stays in my near future, I was a little disappointed not to be targeted for this, but I’ll continue to keep my eye on my email in case that changes.