|Sorry, this deal is no longer available. Do you want to be alerted about new deals as they’re published? Click here to subscribe to Frequent Miler's Instant Posts by email.|
Marriott has opened registration for its new promotion called Unlimited Bonus Points. Unsurprisingly given it’s Marriott, the promotion is distinctly lacking, although it’s worth registering for it just in case you have at least two paid stays during the promotion period.
- Earn 2,000 Marriott Bonvoy points per stay starting from your second stay.
- Direct link to registration.
- Registration of your Marriott Bonvoy Account is required.
- Marriott Bonvoy members who register for this promotion by May 31, 2020, will earn 2,000 bonus points per stay, starting with their second stay, during the promotion earning period.
- The promotion earning period is for stays between March 17, 2020, and June 14, 2020, at participating Marriott Bonvoy properties.
- A “stay” is defined as consecutive nights spent at the same hotel, regardless of check-in/checkout activity on any Points-eligible rate (“Qualifying Rate”).
- Rates available through most third-party online retailers and select travel agency rates do not qualify for this promotion.
- The member receiving this offer has been targeted and the offer is not transferable.
- Homes & Villas by Marriott International, ExecuStay, Marriott Executive Apartments and Marriott Vacation Club owner-occupied weeks are not eligible for bonus Points, and nights spent while redeeming an award are not eligible for bonus Points.
- Only one room per hotel is counted toward a member’s nights or stay.
- A member who elects to earn Miles is not eligible for this promotion.
- For a list of current participating brands, visit www.marriott.com/loyalty/earn/hotels.mi.
Marriott’s quarterly promotions have been fairly infrequent over the last few years, but when they have run them it’s usually been along similar lines to this new one, that you’ll earn 2,000 bonus points per stay starting from your second stay.
If you’re someone that tends to book a bunch of one night stays, this type of promotion works out well given that you’ll effectively be earning 2,000 bonus points per night after your first stay. For everyone else though, it’s not particularly rewarding, especially if you’re booking longer stays seeing as you’ll only earn 2,000 bonus points regardless of whether you’re staying one night or ten.
Still, it’s worth registering for this promotion just in case you end up having at least two paid stays over the course of the next 3.5 months or so. Note that it has to be paid stays; unlike when Hyatt and Hilton run similar offers (such as Hilton’s latest promotion), award stays using Bonvoy points are excluded.
As per the terms, this promotion appears to be targeted. I was able to register my account, but my wife’s account received the following message:
We’re sorry, but there was an error in directing you to this promotion.
The reason for this error could be:
- You’re trying to access a miles promotion and are a points-earner, or vice versa
- You are not eligible for this promotion
- This promotion has expired
That’s not a problem for us seeing as all our paid stays are booked using my account, but it’s another poor feature of the promotion as it means some members won’t earn bonus points regardless of how many stays they book before mid-June.