|Sorry, this deal is no longer available. Do you want to be alerted about new deals as they’re published? Click here to subscribe to Frequent Miler's Instant Posts by email.|
It’s been a couple of months since the last time they ran this promotion, but Meijer is once again offering $5 rewards for every $50 you spend on most third party gift cards.
- Earn $5 rewards at Meijer for every $50 of gift cards you buy for most third party brands.
- Direct link to offer.
- Expires June 20, 2020.
- Limit 10 per customer.
- Excludes the following gift card brands:
- Sling TV
- Google Play
- CBS All Access
- HBO NOW
- Phone cards
- Prepaid debit
- American Express
Although Amazon gift cards are excluded, this is still a decent offer because loads of other gift card brands are eligible such as Best Buy, Target, eBay, Home Depot and more.
In case you have a Meijer store near you but aren’t familiar with how this particular type of offer works, here are a few important things to know:
- Limit of 10 – There’s a limit of 10 rewards, but that doesn’t mean you have to buy 10x $50 gift cards. Instead, you can buy one $500 gift card, a $300 and two $100 gift cards, etc.
- Reward vs digital coupon – Meijer sometimes offers gift card deals which require that you load a digital coupon. This isn’t that kind of deal, so there’s nothing you need to load as your account has this reward offer automatically attached to it.
- Wait a couple of hours – After buying the gift card(s), it can take up to two hours for the reward(s) to be loaded to your account. On the odd occasion I’ve been in a state with a Meijer store when this deal has been running, I’ve bought gift cards when first arriving, then ambled around doing a grocery shop. By the time I arrived at the checkout, the rewards were loaded to my account and ready to use.
- Be careful when redeeming – When checking out, the POS (point of sale, not the other kind of POS) will ask if you want to redeem a reward. When you click yes, it’ll ask if you want to redeem another reward. If your grocery shop comes to less than the value of the available rewards on your account, be careful when tapping ‘Yes’ as the balance of a partially redeemed reward goes to waste.
For example, let’s say you earned the full $50 of rewards and your grocery shop came to $46.11. Your first nine $5 rewards would be applied to your grocery shop which would reduce your balance to $1.11. If you applied your final $5 reward to that $1.11 balance, you’d lose the remaining $3.89 balance, so it’d be best to save that final $5 reward for your next shop, assuming you’d be doing another grocery shop at Meijer before the reward was due to expire.