|Sorry, this deal is no longer available. Do you want to be alerted about new deals as they’re published? Click here to subscribe to Frequent Miler's Instant Posts by email.|
National has relaunched their One Two Free promotion and brought with it some additional opportunities to earn bonus points when renting a car with them.
One Two Free
- Emerald Club members receive one free rental day for every two qualifying rentals.
- Registration required.
Earn bonus points by completing one or more of the following activities:
- Redeem a Free Rental Day (U.S. Residents only): Targeted Preregistration offer to earn a one-time bonus of 300 points when you redeem a Free Rental Day earned during the 2017 ONE TWO FREE Promotion.
- Mobile App Download: One-time bonus of 25 points when you download the National Car Rental App.
- Mobile App Rental: 75 points when you reserve using the National Car Rental App and complete the rental.
- Emerald Checkout: 50 points when you complete a rental using the Emerald Checkout feature via the National Car Rental App.
- Take Our Survey: 50 points when you complete a brief Emerald Club survey.
- Email Opt In: One-time bonus of 50 points when you opt in to receive Emerald Club emails, which provide useful information, special offers and savings opportunities.
- World Traveler: One-time bonus of 300 points when you complete a rental in three different countries during the promotion.
- Complete 5 Bonus Opportunities: One-time bonus of 75 points when you complete any 5 available bonus opportunities on your dashboard.
- Complete 3 Rentals: One-time bonus of 100 points when you complete your third Qualifying Rental.
- Neighborhood Rental (U.S., LAC and Australia Residents only): 200 points when you rent with Enterprise Rent-A-Car at neighborhood locations (i.e., all locations other than airport locations). Limit to 3 bonuses for up to 600 points.
- Weekend Rental: One-time bonus of 100 points when you rent for 2-4 days with a Saturday night keep (in addition to the points you earn for completing a Qualifying Rental).
- Weeklong Rental: One-time bonus of 200 points when you rent for 5 days or more (in addition to the points you earn for completing a Qualifying Rental).
- Latin American or Caribbean Rental (U.S., Australia and New Zealand Residents only): 300 points when you rent at participating locations in Latin America and the Caribbean.
- Rent in Europe: 300 points when you rent at participating locations in Europe (through Enterprise Rent-A-Car).
- Emerald Reserve Service: One-time bonus of 25 points when you access the Emerald Reserve Service to receive a specific car class — Convertible, Minivan, SUV or any other vehicle. Available only at major airports throughout the U.S. and Canada.
- Add SiriusXM (U.S. Residents only): One-time bonus of 300 points when you add SiriusXM Satellite Radio to a Qualifying Rental at participating locations in the Continental U.S. (Additional fees apply).
- Mystery: One-time bonus of 100 points when you click on the Mystery bonus opportunity on your dashboard when it’s available.
- Earning opportunities expire February 28, 2019.
- One Free Rental Day will be awarded each time a Member earns 600 points in the ONE TWO FREE promotion. Earned Free Rental Day coupons may be redeemed to cover base rate (Time and Mileage) only for a rental day but does not apply to taxes, fees, surcharges, refueling, drop-off, delivery, youthful driver, additional driver, pick-up, or one-way charges or any optional product or service, which are the responsibility of the renter.
- Earned points and Free Rental Day coupons will expire at 11:59 p.m. on June 13, 2019 CDT. By participating in the Promotion, Members agree to be bound by these Terms & Conditions.
- During the Promotion, Members may earn points through one or more of the following methods. Members may earn 300 Points for each Qualifying Rental made after the date on which the Member registered and which occurs during the period beginning August 23, 2018, through February 28, 2019.
- For residents of the U.S., Latin America and the Caribbean, Australia and New Zealand, a Qualifying Rental is a paid rental, via the Emerald Club, of a Midsize or larger vehicle at participating National Car Rental locations in the 50 United States, including the District of Columbia, as well as in Argentina, Aruba, Belize, Cayman Islands, Colombia, Costa Rica, Curaçao, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, Jamaica, Mexico, Nicaragua, Paraguay, Peru, St. Maarten, Surinam, Tortola, Trinidad & Tobago, Uruguay, Australia, and New Zealand, for a period of two or more consecutive days during the Promotion Period.
- Members will only be awarded points for one rental out at a time, which identifies the Member as the primary driver. No credit will be awarded Members for rentals made prior to a Member’s registration date.
- Full terms & conditions found here.
This promotion can be a great way to earn a free rental quickly. Be aware though that you have to rent midsize or larger cars for a total of at least four days in order to get the free rental. Those requirements potentially bump up the cost, so price out Economy and Compact options if you’d usually be happy with one of those classes of cars in case the money saved could effectively pay for a free rental day.
A nice feature of this year’s One Two Free promotion is that there are numerous opportunities to earn bonus points. Even if you only rent a car twice for two days each time, you could potentially earn enough bonus points for yet another free rental day. That’d be dependent on also downloading, booking and checking out through the app for the rentals. Booking through the app would mean you’d be forgoing cashback by booking through a portal, so your valuation of National points will decide which is the better deal.
Interestingly, it looks like you can earn 225 free bonus points even without renting a car. That’ll get you more than 1/3 of the way to a free rental day – here’s how:
- Mobile App Download – 25 points
- Take Our Survey – 50 points
- Email Opt In – 50 points
- Mystery – 100 points
- Total – 225 points
There’s currently an Amex Offer for National, Enterprise or Alamo, so using that could save you an extra 10%.
Finally, don’t forget to register for the promotion before making any reservations.