|Sorry, this deal is no longer available. Do you want to be alerted about new deals as they’re published? Click here to subscribe to Frequent Miler's Instant Posts by email.|
There are a couple of useful new Amex Offers out today for JetBlue and HotelStorm.
- Spend $200 or more, get $40 back
- Valid on airline tickets purchased directly from JetBlue and upgrades, baggage fees, travel insurance, etc — if purchased at the time of booking.
- Highly targeted, not available via Twitter
- Expires 6/30/17
- Excludes cruises, hotel bookings, car rentals, and on-board purchases
- Spend $200 or more, get $50 back
- Terms state “each time”, which indicates that this discount is repeatable
- #AmexHotelStorm to sync via Twitter
- Expires 10/12/17
- Transaction must be charged in USD to qualify
The JetBlue offer appears to be highly targeted. Between my wife and I, we only had the offer on one card. A discount on flights could certainly be helpful if you’re already looking at buying a ticket.
On the HotelStorm side, remember that booking through a third party like this will typically eliminate any elite benefits or point earnings on your stay — it may even mean that you have to pay for Wi-Fi. Still, fifty dollars sounds like the right price point to make that trade in some situations. The fact that the terms state “each time” indicate that it is repeatable — meaning that it might be possible to save $50 on every night of a multi-night stay by simply reserving each night separately. That maneuver could necessitate a room switch, but if you book the same room type it is more likely that the hotel will let you keep the same room throughout the stay. I also find this kind of offer useful for a last-minute change of plans — when hotel rates can often be higher.
Last updated on October 14th, 2017