There’s an Amex offer out this morning to save $60 on your next purchase of $300 or more at Marriott properties. It’s always great to see this type of offer come around as it can be a great way to save on your next stay. If you have found this offer on your shiny new SPG Lux card, all the better as you
may be able to can double dip it with the $300 annual hotel credit that comes with that card and actually get $360 back on a $300 stay. We’ll need to collect some data points to know for sure whether or not that will work. Update by Greg the Frequent Miler: I’ve successfully stacked this offer with the Lux card’s $300 credit. So, together, spend $300, get $360 back!
- Spend $300 or more at Marriott properties (note: Does not includ Ritz/SPG properties) in the US and US territories and get $60 back when you load a new Amex Offer that is out this morning
- This offer even has a dedicated link. You can sync that offer via this direct link. H/T to reader David for pointing that out. Note that this offer can even by synced to Hilton cards via that link.
- Only valid at the following brands in the US and US territories: JW Marriott®, Autograph Collection®, Renaissance® Hotels, Marriott Hotels®, Delta Hotels®, Gaylord Hotels®, AC Hotels by Marriott®, Courtyard®, Residence Inn®, SpringHill Suites®, Fairfield Inn by Marriott®, TownePlace Suites® and Moxy® Hotels
- NOT VALID at Ritz/SPG/Edition brands
- Excludes retail store purchases, timeshares, etc (only valid on room rate and room charges)
- Expires 10/25/18
As noted at the top, this is a good way to save a nice chunk of change on a stay. Despite the fact that the terms exclude gift card purchases, previous offers have sometimes triggered when purchasing Marriott gift cards at the front desk. If you have recent experience testing this, please let us know in the comments. Note that Marriott gift card purchases from a gift shop would not work; you would need to be paying at the front desk. Not all hotel locations sell gift cards at the front desk, and I have found that even those that do sometimes have no cards in stock or the agents are confused by the process. YMMV.
Remember that the SPG Lux card offers a $300 annual statement credit for purchases made at SPG and Marriott properties.If you have found this new offer on that card and you use it at a Marriott property, I would expect you would receive $360 back in total. While I had previously said I would likely cancel all of my SPG and Marriott cards, this offer might convince me to instead upgrade to the Luxury card as I have a good upgrade offer right now in my account and this offer stacked with the credit might be enough to sway me. On the other hand, it is possible that these will not stack. Stephen Pepper pointed out to me that it is at least possible that the $300 Lux credit will wipe out the charge before it triggers the Amex Offer. We’ll see as people test it (please report back with any results).
As always, we have added this offer to our database of Current Amex Offers.