A reader tweeted us yesterday to give us a tip that he heard Macerich Malls would have no purchase fees on Mall Visa Gift Cards today through August 19th, 2017. I found this promotion listed on the home page of a Macerich Mall.
- No purchase fees on Visa Gift Cards at Macerich Malls today through August 19th, 2017
- Participating malls can be found on pages 8-9 in this PDF (thanks to Aaron in the comments at Doctor of Credit)
- Maximum load of $500 per card
- Limit of 5 Visa Gift Cards in a single transaction per customer per day during the promotion
- Not available online
- Gift cards issued by Sunrise Bank
This is a great find if you live near one of these malls as it provides an opportunity for up to $2500 in fee-free spend per day through Saturday. Most Macerich Malls will require ID and record your information if you are buying any substantial quantity. However, it’s an easy way to pick up some miles or cash back. I’m not aware of any cards that offer a bonus on spend at Macerich Malls, so it would be wise to choose a card that earns a high return on everyday spend.
Last updated on March 31st, 2019