|Sorry, this deal is no longer available. Do you want to be alerted about new deals as they’re published? Click here to subscribe to Frequent Miler's Instant Posts by email.|
Qantas is offering a 20% bonus when transferring credit or charge card points to your Frequent Flyer account. This appears to be a targeted bonus, aimed at people who’ve transferred points to them in the past.
- Earn 20% bonus Qantas Points when transferring credit or charge card points.
- This offer is available to the recipient of this email only and should not be shared.
- Bonus Qantas Points will only be awarded for transfers of credit or charge card reward points to Qantas Points that take place between 12:01am (AEDT) 20 December 2019 and 11:59pm (AEDT) 30 December 2019.
- Bonus Qantas Points will be rounded up to the nearest whole Qantas Point.
- Please allow up to 15 days after the offer has closed for the bonus Qantas Points to be credited to your Qantas Frequent Flyer account with the description ‘Card Transfer Bonus’.
- This offer is not applicable to any card products listed at qantas.com/cards or other credit or charge products where the Card Partner automatically transfers your credit or charge card reward points to Qantas Points on your behalf on a monthly basis.
Qantas is a transfer partner of Amex Membership Rewards, Citi ThankYou and Capital One, so all three should be eligible for this bonus if you were targeted for this offer. It appears to be based on whether you’ve transferred points in the past, as the email my wife received stated the following:
We are sending you this offer as you have transferred reward points earned on a credit or charge card to Qantas Points in the past.
There aren’t any existing transfer bonuses from any of these three programs to Qantas. If one appears before December 30, it doesn’t look like the offers will stack. In the fine print of the email it states:
In the event of multiple Bonus Points transfer offers in market for the same offer period, eligible Members will be provided with the highest Bonus Points offer. For example, if a Member was eligible to be awarded 20% Bonus Points on an eligible transfer of points from a partner offer, and the Member was also eligible to receive 10% bonus points on transfer, under a Qantas offer, the higher of the two offers will apply and the Member would receive a 20% Bonus Points on their eligible Points transfer. Members are not eligible for more than one offer on one transfer. In this example the Member would not be eligible for 20% and 10% Bonus Points on the same Points transfer.
One of the nice things about this transfer bonus is that there aren’t different tiers for the offer. For example, Qantas ran a similar promotion three months ago, but there were two tiers – a 15% bonus when transferring up to 500,000 points and a 25% bonus when transferring 500,001+ points. While the maximum bonus you’ll receive with this latest offer isn’t as high as 25%, I doubt there were many people who wanted to transfer more than half a million points to Qantas. Getting a 20% bonus when transferring as few as 1,000 points will therefore be a better deal for the vast majority of people.
Last updated on January 4th, 2020