Sorry, this deal is no longer available. Do you want to be alerted about new deals as they’re published? Click here to subscribe to Frequent Miler's Instant Posts by email.
There’s a new Saks Fifth Avenue Amex Offer available which has a couple of variations depending on which types of American Express credit cards you have.
- Spend $250 or more at Saks Fifth Avenue, get $50 back, or
- Spend $250 or more at Saks Fifth Avenue, get 5,000 Membership Rewards.
- Expires 4/30/18.
- Valid in-store at Saks Fifth Avenue and online at saks.com.
- Valid on one or more transactions.
- Enrollment limited.
- Not valid at outlet locations (in-store and online).
- Excludes restaurants located within the store and Online Bill Pay for Saks Credit.
- Not valid on saks.com purchases shipped outside of the US.
- Valid at any participating location in the US and US Territories.
- Must first add offer to Card and use same Card to redeem.
I’m not sure whether or not this offer’s targeted. Both my wife and I have it on all our personal credit cards, but not on our business credit cards.
This offer seems to show up once or twice a year and has the potential to be profitable if you buy their gift cards and have the right reselling relationships.
Be very wary about placing online orders for gift cards though. When this offer came around last year, I tried placing a few orders. Every single time there were issues and I was unable to place an order. Even more concerning was that each time I tried to place an order it showed me someone else’s order details. The buyer’s email address, the recipient’s email address, the gift card amount, their message to the recipient and more. This was despite being logged into my own account, so they have (or at least did have) serious IT issues.
Another reason to purchase gift cards in store is that you might be able to earn cashback. Unless something’s changed recently, gift card orders placed on the Saks Fifth Avenue website don’t earn cashback (check the Frequent Miler Laboratory for all recent attempts.)
However, Saks Fifth Avenue is one of the retailers offering Ebates In-Store Cash Back. One of the terms states that in-store cashback isn’t valid for gift card purchases, but there’s a chance that it’s not enforced.