|Sorry, this deal is no longer available. Do you want to be alerted about new deals as they’re published? Click here to subscribe to Frequent Miler's Instant Posts by email.|
There is a new (targeted) Amex Offer out today for paying your cell phone bill: Spend $100+ on your cell phone bill, get 1,000 Membership Rewards points (up to 2,000 total points). We only found this offer on one card in my household. While not as exciting as past AT&T offers, this is still a nice return on spend. As always, we have added this offer to our Current Amex Offers database, where you can always check to see the latest offers we’ve found. Note we recently posted about an offer to Save 10% On Your Cell Phone Bill With Targeted Amex Offer, but this appears to be a new offer. We were not targeted under that previous offer, but did find this one today.
- [Targeted] Amex Offer for paying your cell phone bill (online or via the mobile app or by phone): Spend $100+, get 1,000 Membership Rewards points (up to 2,000 points)
- Only valid for US-based wireless phone providers
- Valid for online, mobile app, or by-phone payments
- Purchases made with third parties, authorized retailers, or resellers are excluded
- Excludes purchases for VoIP, hardware, equipment, and bundled home/cable services
- Expires 8/31/18
While not quite as exciting as some past cell phone offers, this is still a nice return on spend. I’d generally recommend using a Chase Ink Cash (or Ink Plus) card for 5x on wireless services or an Ink Business Preferred for cell phone insurance, but this is an easy extra 2,000 points that’s hard to pass up if you have the offer.
This one appears to be very highly targeted as it was only found on my wife’s Everyday Preferred in my household. As this offer doesn’t expire until August 31st, there should be plenty of time to make two $100 charges for most people who have US-based wireless service.
You can always find a list of the offers we’ve found lately on our Current Amex Offers page, which is sorted by date so you can easily see the latest offers.