Discover has sent out targeted emails to existing Discover Cashback Debit account holders offering a bonus of $25 or $50 when making direct deposits of $250 or more for two consecutive months.
- Complete a direct deposit of $250 or more in two consecutive months and get a bonus of $25 or $50.
- To qualify for the Bonus of $50 (or $25) to your Discover Cashback Debit account, a direct deposit in the amount of $250 or more must post to your Cashback Debit account in two (2) consecutive months.
- Deposits must post to your Cashback Debit account between 5/29/19 and 9/30/19 at 11:59PM ET.
- Maximum bonus eligibility is $50 per account.
- Account must be open when Bonus is credited.
- Bonus will be credited to the account by 10/31/2019.
- Offer is non-transferrable.
- Bonus is considered interest and will be reported on IRS Form 1099-INT.
I was targeted for the $50 version of this offer, but Doctor of Credit reports that some members are being targeted for a lower bonus of $25.
DoC also has a useful resource sharing some data points of what’s qualified as a direct deposit in the past for Discover. Provided nothing has changed since those data points were submitted, there should be a fairly easy way to ensure you have a couple of $250+ direct deposits hit your account without needing to have your salary diverted to the account for a couple of months. If you have a Discover credit card, it might be worth waiting until July 1 to take advantage of one of the 5% Q3 categories, although that would involve losing some of the 5% cashback in fees.