Check your emails as American Airlines has sent out another round of targeted invitations to get an instant – and free – upgrade to Platinum or Platinum Pro status.
- Receive instant Platinum or Platinum Pro status with American Airlines.
- Registration link (only targeted members will be able to register though)
- Register by January 25, 2019 at 11:59pm CT.
- Status will be valid through May 15, 2019.
- Travel completed before registration doesn’t count toward this challenge.
- Eligible tickets include purchased, published fares flown between the date you register and May 15, 2019 Qualifying eligible flights must be operated by American Airlines or marketed by American, American Eagle, British Airways, Finnair, Iberia or Japan Airlines.
- Flights marketed and/or operated by codeshare partners not listed above aren’t eligible for this promotion.
- Bonus EQDs and EQMs don’t count toward this offer.
- After you reach the required thresholds, your elite-status membership benefits will be extended immediately through January 31, 2020.
I’ve just received an invitation to upgrade to Platinum status instantly. There have also been reports of Platinum Pro invitations going out, something my wife received last year.
We’re likely to be flying American Airlines up to New York in March, so that should give us an opportunity to take advantage of some of the Platinum benefits, although it’ll be a puddle jumper seeing as we’ll be flying out of Norfolk VA.
This offer comes with a challenge to maintain the status or possibly earn an even higher level with reduced requirements. To retain Platinum status beyond May 15, 2019, I’d need to earn 12,500 EQMs and $1,500 EQDs versus the normal requirement of 50,000 EQMs and $6,000 EQDs. Similarly, I could earn Platinum Pro with 20,000 EQMs and $2,400 EQDs rather than 75,000 EQMs and $9,000 EQDs.
As mentioned earlier, this offer is targeted. The email I received had the subject line ‘Free Platinum status for you’. If you have been targeted, you’ll see an option to register for the promotion after entering your details at the link provided above; otherwise it’ll just show your regular account information.