T-Mobile USA has announced that beginning on June 13, 2016 their customers on a T-Mobile branded plan will receive one hour of free Gogo internet plus unlimited messaging.
T-Mobile is taking service to new heights with FREE Wi-Fi for an hour, plus unlimited in-flight texting, picture messaging, and access to T-Mobile Visual Voicemail on Gogo®-equipped flights.
How to Connect
Before you board, make sure to:
- Have a valid T-Mobile phone number.
- If you don’t have Wi-Fi Calling on your phone, no worries! You can still use data, iMessage, WhatsApp, and Viber.
- If you have a Wi-Fi Calling capable device, you can send and receive SMS, MMS, and VVM on top of the other benefits. You need to have a T-Mobile branded phone with Wi-Fi Calling, valid E911 address on file with T-Mobile for your mobile number. To review or add your 911 address please access your T-Mobile account, either via T-Mobile.com or via MyAccount on your handset. You will also need to have made at least one Wi-Fi call with your current SIM card on your current phone.
Once you’re on board:
- Follow the instructions from your cabin crew to hear when the Gogo service is available.
- Turn on Wi-Fi and make sure you’re connected to the ‘gogoinflight’ Wi-Fi network.
- Open the browser. Select the ‘T-Mobile FREE hour of in-flight Wi-Fi and unlimited texting’ option.
- Click the “LET’S GO” button and follow the on screen instructions.
- Your device should connect to T-Mobile Wi-Fi Calling.
- It can take a few minutes for your device to register on the ground for T-Mobile In-flight Texting. If you don’t want to wait, just reset (turn off, then on) your Wi-Fi or start messaging using iMessage, Google Hangouts, WhatsApp and Viber.
- Android Users: You should see a WFC icon, in the upper left corner.
- iPhone Users: Your network indicator should say “T-Mobile Wi-Fi”.
- Start texting and browsing!
You can find the full terms and details of this new feature here.
Last updated on December 20th, 2018