Virgin Australia Velocity is offering a 15% transfer bonus from participating partners until November 30, 2018. That’s not a wildly exciting bonus since Virgin Australia doesn’t have a very useful award chart, but it’s better than some of their transfer bonuses that require three quarters of a million miles to get the best bonus rate.
- Virgin Australia Velocity is offering a 15% transfer bonus when transferring points from any of its partners until November 30, 2018
- Direct link to this promotion
- Participating partners include:
- Australian American Express Card Members, including David Jones American Express Card Members enrolled in the Membership Rewards program (this offer excludes American Express New Zealand Card Members)
- ANZ Rewards and ANZ Business Rewards
- Citibank Citi Rewards
- Diners Club Reward
- Bank of Queensland Q Rewards (Platinum credit card holders only)
- Suncorp Bank Rewards,
- Card Services Rewards
- HSBC Rewards (Platinum and Premier credit card holders only),
- NAB Rewards
- Accor Hotels
- The Ritz -Carlton Rewards (3K points = 1K miles / 60K points = 25K miles)
- Marriott Rewards (3K points = 1K miles / 60K points = 25K miles)
- SPG Starwood Preferred Guest (3K points = 1K miles / 60K points = 25K miles)
- IHG (10K points = 2K miles)
- Choice Hotels (20K points = 3K miles)
- Must transfer by November 30, 2018 (I’d assume based on Australia time)
This one is likely not particularly useful for most readers as Velocity is not partners with the major transferable currencies, but if you happen to have a stash of Virgin Australia miles and you need to top it off for a high-value award, you might consider transferring from Marriott. You’d normally transfer Marriott points at a rate of 3:1, so with this bonus, 3,000 Marriott points will transfer to 1,150 Virgin Australia Velocity miles. Since Marriott gives you 5K extra miles when you transfer 60K Marriott points, a transfer of 60K will give you a total of 28,750 Velocity miles (60K –> 25K + 15% bonus = 28,750 miles).
As you can see above, the transfer ratio from IHG isn’t good and from Choice is abysmal, so I wouldn’t recommend transferring from either of those programs unless you’re in a pinch.
As always, we have added this to our list of Current point transfer bonuses.
H/T: Loyalty Lobby