|Sorry, this deal is no longer available. Do you want to be alerted about new deals as they’re published? Click here to subscribe to Frequent Miler's Instant Posts by email.|
If you’re planning on spending $50 or more online in the next few days, you could earn 500 bonus miles by installing the United MileagePlus shopping button.
- Install the United MileagePlus Shopping button browser extension and spend $50 to earn 500 bonus miles.
- Direct link to offer.
- During the “April 2019 Button Install Bonus” campaign, which runs from 04/26/19 through 05/02/19 at 11:59:59 pm ET (the “Bonus Period”), Members will earn a one-time bonus of 500 MileagePlus bonus award miles (the “Bonus Miles”) when they successfully install the MileagePlus Shopping button (browser requirements detailed on button page) and use the button to spend $50 or more in qualifying purchases during the Bonus Period.
- To qualify, members must also keep the button installed for a minimum of 30 days after the end of the Bonus Period and must not have installed the button previously before the Bonus Period.
- The Bonus Miles are in addition to any standard MileagePlus miles earned from shopping online through the MileagePlus Shopping mall.
- “Qualifying purchases” do not include returns, cancellations, shipping and handling, taxes, gift card or other cash equivalent purchases, and certain products that are not eligible for bonus miles. Please see the MileagePlus Shopping mall site for details on product eligibility and other restrictions.
- Please allow 8-10 weeks after the Bonus Period for bonus award miles to post to your MileagePlus Shopping account.
- Limit one bonus redemption per member.
The United MileagePlus Shopping portal ran a similar promotion last year, although back then they only offered 200 bonus miles. If you took advantage of that promotion, you unfortunately wouldn’t be eligible this time around.
If you were to spend exactly $50, you’d be earning 10x per dollar which is a great bonus. That’s much better than the regular shopping portal promotions that usually only get you ~2.5x and require higher levels of spend. If you’re planning on buying anything online by Thursday May 2, this offer is definitely worth considering so long as you’re comfortable installing their browser extension.
Check Cashback Monitor before buying anything to make sure that you couldn’t get a better return elsewhere, but I suspect that most purchases around the $50 mark will earn more with this deal than through another portal as you’ll get the 500 bonus miles in addition to the regular portal rate.
Last updated on May 4th, 2019