|Sorry, this deal is no longer available. Do you want to be alerted about new deals as they’re published? Click here to subscribe to Frequent Miler's Instant Posts by email.|
The American Airlines shopping portal promotion is due to end tomorrow (Monday), but there’s an even better offer right now through the United portal in terms of the number of bonus miles on offer and spend required to earn those miles.
- Spend $125 through the United shopping portal & earn 500 bonus miles, or
- Spend $300 through the United shopping portal & earn 1,000 bonus miles.
- Direct link to offer.
- During the “Summer Bonus” offer, which runs from 6/11/20 through 6/24/20 at 11:59:59 pm ET (the “Bonus Period”), Member will earn a one-time bonus of up to 1,000 MileagePlus bonus award miles on qualifying purchases made through the MileagePlus Shopping mall or from purchases made through MileagePlus Shopping in-store offers.
- This one-time bonus award will be based on Member’s cumulative qualifying purchases made during the Bonus Period using one of the following tiers: Tier 1 bonus: 500 miles for qualifying purchases of at least $125; or Tier 2 bonus: 1,000 miles for qualifying purchases of $300 or more.
- “Qualifying purchases” do not include returns, cancellations, shipping and handling, taxes, gift card or other cash equivalent purchases, and certain products that are not eligible for bonus miles.
- Please see the MileagePlus Shopping mall site for details on product eligibility and other restrictions.
- Please allow up to 10 weeks after the Bonus Period for bonus award miles to post to your MileagePlus Shopping account.
- The Tier 2 bonus provides the maximum number of miles that will be awarded.
Shopping portal promotions often offer you a better miles-per-dollar return the more you spend, but the reverse is true with this particular offer. That’s because spending exactly $125 to earn 500 bonus miles means you’re earning at 4 miles per dollar, whereas spending $300 to earn 1,000 bonus miles means you’re only earning 3.33 miles per dollar.
Either way, those are good bonuses provided the United portal is already offering good rates at the retailer(s) you’re planning on buying from. As always though, be sure to compare rates on Cashback Monitor to ensure that you wouldn’t be better off clicking through from a different portal.
These types of promotions are often a good way to enhance your earnings at stores that usually only offer 1%/1x per dollar like Best Buy. Best Buy and a number of other stores aren’t currently available on airline shopping portals though, so that could make it harder to take advantage of this offer.