|Sorry, this deal is no longer available. Do you want to be alerted about new deals as they’re published? Click here to subscribe to Frequent Miler's Instant Posts by email.|
The United MileagePlus shopping portal has a new promotion that’s offering 1,000 bonus miles when spending $250+ at Macy’s. Even better, they’ve temporarily increased the rate for Macy’s, so you can earn up to 14 miles per dollar.
- Earn 1,000 bonus miles when spending $250 at Macy’s having clicked through from the United shopping portal or by paying with a card linked to MileagePlus Shopping in-store offers.
- Direct link.
- Expires December 8, 2018 at 11:59:59pm ET.
- Bonus Miles will be issued based on an eligible Member’s cumulative spend of two hundred fifty dollars ($250) or more on qualifying purchases made through the MileagePlus Shopping mall or through MileagePlus Shopping in-store offer during the Bonus Period.
- “Qualifying purchases” do not include returns, cancellations, shipping and handling, taxes, gift card or other cash equivalent purchases, and certain products that are not eligible for bonus miles.
- Please allow 8-10 weeks after the Bonus Period for bonus award miles to post to your MileagePlus® Shopping account.
This offer works out as a bonus 4x miles if you spend exactly $250 – that’s on top of the standard miles you’d earn through the portal. The United portal currently has an increased rate of 10 miles per dollar for Macy’s, meaning you can earn up to 14 miles per dollar.
That’s a great return, but be sure to check Cashback Monitor to see if any other portals are offering a higher rate even when taking into account United’s bonus.
A nice feature of this promotion is that it also includes in-store purchases if you pay with a card linked to the United portal’s in-store shopping feature. The standard in-store rate for Macy’s is only 1.5 miles per dollar though, so you’ll earn far more miles if ordering online.
Last updated on December 8th, 2018