|Sorry, this deal is no longer available. Do you want to be alerted about new deals as they’re published? Click here to subscribe to Frequent Miler's Instant Posts by email.|
There is currently a great Amazon promotion offering a chance to save up to $100 on an Amazon purchase when you use at least one Membership Rewards point. This can be a great way to save a nice chunk on Amazon purchases — and despite the terms, there are many datapoints confirming that it works on gift cards. See below for details.
Save 20% — up to $100 off — when paying with at least 1 Membership Rewards point
- Click here to go to this promotion and activate it
- Add one or more eligible items to your cart and get 20% off (up to a max discount of $100) when you use at least one Membership Rewards point.
- Amazon reserves the right to modify or cancel this offer at any time.
- Offer only applies to products sold by Amazon.com (Look for “sold by Amazon.com” or “sold by Amazon Digital Services LLC” on the product detail page). Products sold by third-party sellers or other Amazon entities will not qualify for this offer, even if “fulfilled by Amazon.com” or “Prime Eligible”.
- Offer does not apply to digital content.
- Shipping charges and taxes may apply to the full value of discounted promotional items.
- Offer may not be combined with other offers.
- The maximum benefit you may receive from this offer is $100.
- Offer applies only to the purchase of items made with a Membership Rewards eligible American Express Card, where Membership Rewards points are used for at least a portion of the purchase and the promotion code is activated.
- Offer is non-transferable and may not be resold.
- Offer discount will be allocated proportionally among all promotional items in your order.
- This promotion starts at 12:00 am PST on July 2nd, 2018 and ends when Amazon elects to end the promotion.
- If any of the products or content related to this offer are returned, your refund will equal the amount you paid for the product or content, subject to applicable refund policies.
- Promotional discount may not be redeemed for Amazon.com Gift Cards or third-party gift cards
- If you violate any of these terms, the offer will be invalid.
Note this key term in particular: Promotional discount may not be redeemed for Amazon.com Gift Cards or third-party gift cards. Despite that term, Doctor of Credit has been reporting that this promotion will work with $400 in Amazon gift cards + $100 in other gift cards or stuff. YMMV as the terms seem to prohibit it, but this promotion has been going on for a few days and there are already plenty of positive data points. That’s a killer deal as you can essentially score a free $100 gift card with $400 in Amazon gift cards or a straight 20% off of other third party gift cards (including grocery gift cards like for Safeway and Whole Foods….travel gift cards like Hotels.com, AirBnB, Southwest….etc). This is also a great deal if you’re looking to save money on other rarely-discounted items as long as they are shipped and sold by Amazon.
Here are links to some gift cards that may be of interest – though keep in mind that you could always try going through a shopping portal:
- Southwest Airlines
- Link to all e-mail delivery cards
- Link to all physical gift cards
Doctor of Credit lists a lot of other good stacking deals as well. This one is definitely worth a look as it’s not often that you can save 20% on such a wide range of useful gift cards and products.
Note that there is no end date noted, but rather it says this promo can end at any time. It is apparently intended for Prime Day later this month, but I wouldn’t be surprised if it gets pulled early. If you’re interested, I suggest jumping sooner rather than later.
H/T: Doctor of Credit
Last updated on March 31st, 2019