Sorry, this deal is no longer available. Do you want to be alerted about new deals as they’re published? Click here to subscribe to Frequent Miler's Instant Posts by email.
Aeroplan is out with a promotion to earn up to 3,250 miles per Avis car rental for rentals through the end of this month (5/31/18) and you can also save up to 25% with AWD# C682300. This promotion has been active for a while, but I just received an email about it and I thought it may be of interest for some readers. There are several layers involved in getting the full 3,250 miles, but Aeroplan has a good award chart that might make this worthwhile if the price is right.
- Earn up to 3,250 Air Canada Aeroplan miles with a qualifying Avis car rental broken down as per the following:
- 500 base miles on-airport OR 250 base miles off-airport
- 1,000 bonus miles for weekday rentals of 3+ days OR weekend rentals of 2+ days
- 1,000 bonus miles for Specialty and other select vehicles (including Specialty, select SUV and above, excluding Intermediate SUV (group F) and premium vehicles (group G). 1,000 bonus miles
- 500 bonus miles for pre-paid rentals
- 250 bonus miles if you have Aeroplan status
- Direct link to this promotion
- Valid for rentals through May 31, 2018
- Use AWD# C682300 to save up to 25% on base rates (though the terms do not state that you must use this AWD to earn miles)
- Bonus miles do not apply on Avis moving trucks, pickup trucks or panel vans.
- Allow 6 to 8 weeks for bonus miles to post
- Must provide your Aeroplan number at the time of reservation to receive miles
- Offer may not be used with any other coupon or promotion other than the AWD above
- See promotion page for full terms
This one requires a perfect storm to come together to earn the full 3,250 miles in the sense that you have to be booking a prepaid rental at an airport location for 3 weekdays or 2 weekend days in one of a few select car groups. That said, if you have a qualifying rental during the period, it might be worth taking advantage of this one. Aeroplan has a decent award chart, with short-haul economy class awards starting at 7.5K miles each-way. Here are round trip rates (one-ways can be booked for 50% of the miles).
You will certainly want to comparison shop to be sure rates are competitive with what you can find elsewhere. Also keep in mind that you could alternatively earn up to 2,750 United MileagePlus miles with Hertz at the moment.