Wyndham Rewards is offering people the option to match their status from other hotel programs to their Platinum and Diamond status levels. The status match lasts for 90 days, with the status being extended if you meet certain stay requirements.
- Match your status with other hotel programs to Wyndham Rewards.
- Direct link to status match page.
- Proof of Hotel Loyalty Program status required.
- Upon Wyndham Rewards’ verification of an Applicant’s Hotel Loyalty Program status information, such Applicant will receive the applicable Equivalent Member Level. Member should expect to receive such validation via email between 5-7 days from submission of his/her Status Match Request Form.
- Status match lasts for 90 days. After that, status can be extended:
- Platinum – Stay 7 nights in 90 days to keep Platinum.
- Diamond – Stay 14 nights in 90 days to keep Diamond.
Wyndham Rewards Platinum status isn’t particularly exciting given that you can earn that status from their credit card (albeit with a $75 annual fee).
Diamond status on the other hand is much more enticing, mainly due to the fact you can use that to match to Total Rewards Diamond status. Diamond status with Total Rewards waives resort fees, offers $100 towards a Celebration Dinner, Diamond Lounge access, a complimentary stay at Atlantis, Paradise Island in The Bahamas and more.
Even better, you don’t even have to have top tier status with other hotel programs in order to match to Wyndham Rewards Diamond status. If you have another hotel’s credit card (or an Amex Platinum card), there’s a good chance you can match to Diamond status:
- Wyndham Rewards Diamond status – match from:
- Marriott Rewards:
- Platinum Premier
- Platinum Premier with Ambassador
- Hilton Honors
- Choice Privileges
- Best Western
- Diamond Select
- World of Hyatt
- IHG Rewards Club
- Radisson Rewards
- Omni Select Guest
- Marriott Rewards:
As you can see, that means if you have an Amex Platinum card (due to SPG Gold>Marriott Gold), one of the Amex Hilton cards with an annual fee, IHG’s card or one of the Radisson Rewards credit cards that comes with Gold status, you’ll be able to match to Wyndham Rewards Diamond status and then the equivalent with Total Rewards.
That’s a very generous offer, especially if you’re then able to stay 14 nights in the following 90 days.